Business majors: Why did you decide to start taking required pre-med classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thegoatman123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any business school student here decide to take the required classes for medical school? Was it tough getting a business major and taking the required classes at the same time?

I'll be a junior in college in the business school this upcoming year and still don't know what major to take. If I don't make the switch now I'll be afraid that I'll be stuck at some boring office position making $80,000, wondering why I didn't go into medicine.

Members don't see this ad.

Any business school student here decide to take the required classes for medical school? Was it tough getting a business major and taking the required classes at the same time?

I'll be a junior in college in the business school this upcoming year and still don't know what major to take. If I don't make the switch now I'll be afraid that I'll be stuck at some boring office position making $80,000, wondering why I didn't go into medicine.

It'll be tough a sell. Many adcoms view business students who are also pre-med as going into medicine primarily for the money and getting a good return on their investment.

Some schools have MBA/MD programs.. If thats what your in to

Members don't see this ad :)
What your major is theoretically does not matter. I'm an economics major, but am still planning on going into medicine.

In addition to prereqs, be sure to take upper level bio & sciences classes to strengthen your app for med school.

After changing from premed as a freshman, I thought about going back from business to premed my junior year but decided against because I did not want to tell my parents, lol!

Wasted some time getting a Master in HR at business school. Ended up starting taking my prereqs halfway during my Master.

Could have saved myself several years although I did learn alot about business and how to conduct it. So, I am still happy I did it. Sort of ?

If you want, go get it and never look back until the ride is over!