Business optimization of clinical practice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

worriedwell

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the best way to "double bill" oneself in clinical practice. In other words, as a clinician (specifically I'll be in psychiatry), one is limited by providing time with patients as a resource to make money. Inherently there is limited time in each day. I'm trying to brainstorm about ways to get paid for doing 2 things at once. I won't have the luxury of doing procedures, so I have to consider other options for increasing my salary. I'm not willing to just work 80 hours weekly for the rest of my life to make money (remember I did choose psychiatry).

I was thinking that one way to do it is to work in some sort of easy hospital attending job that may not be that high paying but that has good benefits. During my down time at the job, I could do something on the internet that would allow me to make some sort of money. Is there internet based medical/psychiatric services that I could provide and augment my income without significantly increasing my overall "at work" time? Any other ideas?

Thanks,
worriedwell

Members don't see this ad.

great post. i wonder the same thing.

bump.

One that works for sure is consulting with lawayers on their cases. I talked to a lawyer and he said it was easy money. Basically when they need an expert witness or someone to consult with, they pay around 500-700$ an hour to come to you. Im sure you could squeeze that in while working here and there.