Business Skills Learned in Dental School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alucidinterval

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I've been on these boards for a while but generally just read them for information. Recently, I've been doing a paper for my sophomore level English class related to the use of Business Writing in Medical/Dental field, why its important, and whether most dentists (or doctors) out of school are proficient in business skills. I was wondering if you guys had any experience with this or have read anywhere about this, and what your opinions on the topic are. She told me that I could use message boards for sources as long as I justified why the information on the forums was a valid source for the field.

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all,

I've been on these boards for a while but generally just read them for information. Recently, I've been doing a paper for my sophomore level English class related to the use of Business Writing in Medical/Dental field, why its important, and whether most dentists (or doctors) out of school are proficient in business skills. I was wondering if you guys had any experience with this or have read anywhere about this, and what your opinions on the topic are. She told me that I could use message boards for sources as long as I justified why the information on the forums was a valid source for the field.

Thanks in advance
Go to the dental forum and ask this. This is the pre-dental forum. You will get responses from actual dentist and 3rd and 4th year students in the dental forum. Interesting topic though. My opinion; business skills are not developed until you have some real world business experience under your belt. But I am only a 1st year student, so I can't answer this sufficiently.