BUSM-09 get-together

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

melimi

for those of u who are going to be a part of the BUSM class of 2009, or those of u who are on the waitlist, and are currently in the boston area, come to Soho in Brighton tonite at 9:30pm, to meet future/possible classmates
hope to see u there (note: this event may involve heavy drinking)

link to directions:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...arket+St&city=brighton&state=ma&zipcode=02135

Members don't see this ad.

hey mel. im not in boston today, but i'll be coming over on tuesday and staying all of next week to look for a place to live in the fall. lemme know if you guys are still around and i am more than willing to get spent and get to know everyone a lot better before next month. also... are you living in brighton? if so, how long of a commute is it to bu med? cause im looking at properties in brighton and i dont know if it makes sense to live there or not, since i wont have a car till winter break. also looking at brookline and southend which i know are closer to campus.

DoctorMohandes said:
hey mel. im not in boston today, but i'll be coming over on tuesday and staying all of next week to look for a place to live in the fall. lemme know if you guys are still around and i am more than willing to get spent and get to know everyone a lot better before next month. also... are you living in brighton? if so, how long of a commute is it to bu med? cause im looking at properties in brighton and i dont know if it makes sense to live there or not, since i wont have a car till winter break. also looking at brookline and southend which i know are closer to campus.

hey, def still gonna be here next week and will be more than happy to have another get-together
i currently live in allston, which is a comm ave apart from brighton
i dont think its that bad of a commute to busm, considering i have to take it every morning
the thing is the BUShuttle makes things a lot easier to get to the BUSM campus from the main undergrad campus, and overall i would say it takes about 30-40 min to get there from where i live
i think its a good place to live if u think about the cost of rent (i pay $700 per month for a HUGE apt, w/ utilities included)
brookline is much closer to the main campus and thus the BUS, and is also a nicer area

i actually suggest if u do find an apartment near the T, to NOT bring a car here, first of all, u wont use it most of the time cuz public transportation is great here and u never find parking anywhere u go, plus u have to pay ~$150 per month for a parking spot; i know cuz my bf has a car that he only uses to pick me up and drop me off from my place to his place
anyways, hope we can get together next week

Members don't see this ad :)
I, too, would love to get together with a little more notice ;-) Next week sounds good to me!

Regarding where to live, I have lived in the Boston area for awhile, but am moving near school next month. I agree that the Brookline/Brighton area is better quality for the money, but commuting stresses me out and, for that reason, I decided to move near school. I, too, am happy to answer more questions. Let me know.

blowfish said:
I, too, would love to get together with a little more notice ;-) Next week sounds good to me!

Regarding where to live, I have lived in the Boston area for awhile, but am moving near school next month. I agree that the Brookline/Brighton area is better quality for the money, but commuting stresses me out and, for that reason, I decided to move near school. I, too, am happy to answer more questions. Let me know.

sweet, we'll do a busm-09 get-together part deux next week

thanks guys. you're awesome. i get in with my dad on tuesday night, so im down for wednesday or thursday night. i'll pm you guys my cell in case you wanna get in touch with me or anything and im not on sdn.

Guys I prolly don't belong in this thread, but i am very interested in BUSM. I have heard that the school has really down to earth, normal, non-gunners students. And this is evident by threads like these; a thread about getting together to party and get acquainted with each other. I can imagine what those harvard and northwestern students are doing this summer, let me guess, studying so they can be super-prepared for med school. Just thought i should mention this, and congrats to all of you accepted. Enjoy your summer and good luck in med school. Hopefully i can party with future classmates like you all next year.

yo, i'm in boston right now, just checking out apts and stuff. Imma try to make it tmw night, but can't promise cause my dad wants to get together with a couple of his buds and he might want me to tag along or something (trust me id rather drink with ppl my own age) so i'll keep you posted on if i can make it or not. hope other ppl will be able to make it as well

hey mel... im sorry i couldnt make it tonite....i actually got a call this morning telling me i have a spot at one of the schools i was wled at so i flew back right away... anyway, hope you had a good time... i know youre gonna love bu. kit

ok, the next get-together will be on saturday July 16th
i say we hit the back bay area, including cactus club for yum-yum margaritas, and whiskeys for yum-yum whiskey sours
we will meet up around 9pmish
anyone who may be joining the class of 2009 is invited
hit it up to RSVP

im joining busm 2009. i hope theres cool newyorkers so i dont get totally depressed. im not movin till before skool starts tho. i hope to meet fun ppl so i dont have to x-fer :(

I am joining BUSM. Too bad I will not be around on the 16th. I needed to get away and the cheapest tickets are to Puerto Rico.
Is there anyone who is into painting. pottery or any other art stuff? Does anyone think we will have time for anything other than studying.

aww i'll see you guys in the fall! i'm getting excited :)

lyalya5 said:
I am joining BUSM. Too bad I will not be around on the 16th. I needed to get away and the cheapest tickets are to Puerto Rico.
Is there anyone who is into painting. pottery or any other art stuff? Does anyone think we will have time for anything other than studying.

i own a potters wheel and kiln. but i dont do pottery. i do paint though sometimes. i almost went to art school (RISD) at one point in my life but then did microbio instead. so yea i still draw etc. and teach art therapy to mentally ill people. it rox. u will def have time for things besides studying. you just have to make time for the things you like.