• A new admissions hurdle is becoming more common: the CASPer test. Learn more about it at a free webinar hosted by SDN and PrepMatch on May 6th. Register now!

muratdag

15+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2002
Status (Visible)
Hi,
I am a 1st year medical student ready to buy my first stethescope. Which one should I buy? I have it narrowed down to the Littman III and Littman Master Cardio... both scopes are similarly priced at our bookstore (around $125)... so would 1 be better than the other for a med student? I know that the Master Cardio is all-encompassing, but the rumor is the Littman III comes with the pediatric bell which may be more useful?

All help would be appreciated, thanks...
Murat Dag

shag

Supreme Procrastinator
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2002
Status (Visible)
I use a Littman III and it has served me well. When I asked the same question a couple of years ago, an upper level student replied: "Do you really want to have a fancier stethoscope than the cardiologist you're rounding with?" FWIW

About the Ads
This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.