1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Anti-Piracy Warning: The unauthorized reproduction or distribution of copyrighted work is illegal. Sale or sharing of pirated materials is a crime and violates the SDN Terms of Service. Be aware that SDN reserves the right to report this activity to copyright holders and appropriate agencies. SDN cooperates with copyright holders in enforcement.

If you encounter an advertisement for a pirated product, please use the Report link located on the lower left side of the post or PM to alert our volunteer team.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Buying All MCAT Books - The Berkeley Review (TBR), Examkrackers (EK), Kaplan, Princeton

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by MCATKINGS, Mar 30, 2018.

1. MCATKINGS

Moderator 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hey everyone,

I am purchasing all MCAT Books. Please send me a message with what you have and what you are looking to sell your MCAT books for. I seek to bring professionalism and a fair price to both buyers and sellers to the used book market.

How to Contact if you're interested:

SDN: Send me a Message Here
    Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/message/compose/?to=grand_sales
    Email: [email protected]
    IG: @mcatbros
    Twitter: @mcatbros

Please Read #1 of details of the transaction before you contact me!

**Extremely Professional and reliable**
    **Reviews available on my profile**

Details of transaction:

1. Contact Me with the books you own (edition years, condition, etc are important) and are looking to sell (along with what condition they are in).
    -List the books you have for sale. Include condition remarks (all relavent), edition years/# of the books
    -Be accurate in your description.
    -List INDIVIDUAL prices (without shipping) that you would like for your books.
    -List a price for the whole bundle
    -Include your payment method of preference (and account username)
    -Include your textable phone # (or instagram username/email if you are a non-USA student)
    -Include a picture of the books
    -Include a day you can ship by.

2. I will reply back with the details of the transaction. I will give you a shipping address (or addresses) to send all your books too. As a seller, you are responsible for a successful shipment(s). The shipping procedures you should use are as follows: shipping - PreMedForSale. Shipping is a MINOR cost in the grand scheme of selling your books and actually saves you hassle vs. talking to and meeting multiple flaky buyers.

3. Send me a tracking #/picture of your receipt from the USPS.

4. Once the books arrive, get paid via: Paypal, Cash App, Apple Pay, or Venmo .

When do I get paid? When the books arrive. Same day.

I am really in need of money NOW. Anyway I can get paid faster? You can ship quicker (don't wait a few days), pay extra for 2-day shipping so they arrive quicker and hence you can get paid quicker. I have contacts in many major cities - if you need money the same day - we might be able to arrange something as well.

Can I get paid upfront?
    If my reviews and involvement in these forums and the MCAT world are not enough for you to trust me, and you would like to be paid before shipment - I do also do that - but you will be charged a 3% fee by the payment processor, a 10% non-refundable deduction by me, and a $20 refundable fee by me to return the books to you in the case of a dispute (when books don't arrive, or the condition you portrayed was false). This will be a net total of a 13% fees to be paid by you.

Why are you charging me extra fees just to be paid upfront? I have 0 interest in dealing with Paypal in a dispute resolution and is not what I enjoy doing. It's a painful multi-week process for me to get my money back when a resolution is necessary and this is the only way I consider this fair to my time/risk:

Example of fee structure to be paid first:
    1. You pay me $20 + 10% of the discussed price to me Upfront
    2. I pay you the full discussed amount via Paypal Goods & Services (which will deduct 3%).
    3. If you are selling $200 of books, you will pay 40$ ($20 refundable + 10% nonrefundable (20$)).
    4. I will pay you $200, you will receive $193.
    5. When I will get the books, and you will be returned $20 when they arrive. You will net $173 instead of $200. (13% fee).

What Happens if my books don't arrive or arrive not as described?
    In the rare instance that you failed to accurately depict the condition of your books - I will work with you and offer to pay you a lower price than originally agreed upon OR return the books to you (with you being left with the responsibility of return postage + a 20% processing fee).

How does this fee structure look:
    1. A discussed price of $270 for your books arrive at my house.
    2. 5 of the 10 books are marked, when you said the books were in "like new condition"
    3. I reevaluate a cost to pay and allow you to decide if you would like the books returned or if you would like to accept this offer.
    4. If you choose to accept the offer you get paid that amount.
    5. If you choose to not accept this offer, I will return you your books for the cost of $54+return shipping cost (expect around 65-70$ total in most instances)

If the books do not arrive (as indicated by USPS tracking) - you will not be paid. If you follow the shipping information I outlined above, you will have no issues with this.

What happens if we never discussed condition? I usually ask. The default condition I assume and expect is like-new/very-good - no markings, highlights, missing pages, notes or answers filled out. The onus is on the seller to reveal any difference in condition.

How Much Can I expect to be paid? 50%-60% of the current retail price of the same books. Payment will vary depending on the situation, need, and my current inventory. I will do my best to meet your offer request or if it's not doable, I will counter with my final offer.

Should I give a high price so then we can negotiate?
    The more outlandish your original price (on the high side), the more outlandish my counter will be on the low side. Figure out a reasonable price and I will pay you that much. If you are being reasonable, I will be very reasonable back with you and even try to meet your offer as best as possible. If you are being unreasonable, I will give you a low-ball offer.

I have really poor condition marked condition books I wrote all over in, will you buy them?
    My service is not for you to sell your poor condition books as they do nobody any good. If you have poor condition books, most libraries won't even take your books. I will take them for the cost of shipping and find a student to donate them too so they can get some utility.

Do You have reviews?
    This is an extremely fast process and I guide you along the way and I work to be very fair. Everyone who's worked with me has been extremely satisfied. I have asked everyone I've purchased from on SDN to provide a review. They are available below and more are on my profile (click my username on the side).

Can I get more for my books elsewhere? Typically students who have sold to me have found that they actually get more money selling to me and without any hassle than they are able to get selling their books in-person. This is because the chances of you selling all your books in-person are low and you end up having books just sit around. I've seen some students who have tried to sell their books for over ONE YEAR (at which point the prices depreciate). When you sell to a good friend, most friends don't want to pay you a fair value for the books and will expect it to be free. I have found students who have come to me, gotten my offer, and then tried to sell solo - and then a month later they come back appreciatively taking the offer I originally provided them. If you can make a local sale with a friend that you are happy with work, by all means - I recommend it as there is no shipping involved, both parties automatically trust each other, and the end-customer saves the most money. If your time is worth nothing to you and you enjoy squeezing every penny - talking to several buyers or are aiming to scam students (by deceiving them/upselling/lying about condition/edition to make a sale) you can probably get more elsewhere.

Is your offer price always the same? I seek to give the best possible price I can to you and much higher than any other reseller will ever give you. You can check - Go to your local used bookstore and ask them how much they will give. I even give more than you can get for your books in a local sale. My offer price changes based on supply/demand, your condition, and your respect for my service. If you come for an offer from me, then go try to sell it for more elsewhere, I will have a lower offer when you come back.

Can I donate books to you? Yes, You can donate your books to me if you would prefer to donate instead of sell. If you donate, you can restrict the final cost to the customer if you would like. I donate all donations to low-income students. I also donate my excess inventory and that I paid for and faulty inventory to low income students. If you allow me too, I will sometimes sell your donation (unless you specify that I can't) for a substantially reduced cost to further my mission with the MCAT - to reduce cost, improve quality, and improve accessibility to information and professional services. More information about my free books program can be found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/MCATBros/wiki/freebooks

I do not wish to sell to a reseller? I hate those people. That is fine. I prefer you sell to the end customer for the price I offer you. Take my offer and sell it to a student directly. If you want to sell for 50% less than my initial offer to you, you can have the liberty to set my resell price to be any price equal or greater than the price paid.

Should I expect to be paid the amount I paid for my books: NO. Books depreciate over time. New editions come out. Shipping costs money.

I saw your selling post and saw that you sell the books higher than you buy them for.
    As a seller I carry all the risk of new editions coming out and spending the time to sell them professionally. I also offer lots of free services to all customers and guarantee repurchase agreements as part of each sale and reduce the price from the list for books that do not meet the "new" condition. As an aspiring medical student, you probably have no interest in doing this. I require a profit for my time and risk and these additional services I provide, but working with me reduces your net-price for your MCAT and helps you actually sell your books (and actually get more money than you otherwise would in many instances).

Why do you do this?
    I believe in saving people money and giving people the tools and resources to maximize their MCAT scores with the least amount of money. My end goal is to create services that are value-oriented and approachable for the MCAT and to save people money on their exam and allow them to score better. I do realize that making a profit is necessary so people like me can grow and make this dream a reality and I do make a profit out of this service. This is one way I provide value and reduce cost for your MCAT. I do make a profit and one day wish to build a formalized organization that reduces peoples cost for the MCAT (which I already do in an informal way).

Where do I leave a review? You can leave a review on my student doctor network profile. Reviews help me and other customers know what I am doing right, what can be improved. If you leave a review, please be honest - don't sugar coat it.

What's the best way to support MCATKINGS/MCATBROS? If you support premeds in a way that gives them good info and helps them reduce money that's the best thing you can do. If my services, advice, and products help them do that - making them aware of what I have to offer would be wonderful. I don't have a marketing budget and I don't pay for advertising so I rely on word of mouth for all my services -and it is how I am able to keep them more affordable and the quality high. The paid services include tutoring, coaching/accountability, scheduling, and used/new book sales. I do everything I can to make things free for people who can't afford it as well and although I will spend my profits helping those achieve their dreams when money is an obstacle - so if you know students that fit this category - send them my way.

Reviews:

1. ThujaOccidentalis - Great buyer, excellent communication!

2. Bambino711 - Sold him a bunch of books, he was easy to work with, great communication throughout, and gave me a fair price!! Would work with again

3. victoryusprime - As someone who had doubts about selling my MCAT books via SDN, MCATKINGS could not have been a better option/solution. Not only did this person provide a fair price, but also maintained communication throughout the process. I highly recommend this service to anyone else looking to do the same. Great customer service all around!

4. AdenineThomasPhosphate - Just sold him a bundle of MCAT books. Great pricing, very friendly, personable, and made sure the transaction went through and that everything ended up where it needed to be. Highly recommend using him!

#1 MCATKINGS, Mar 30, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2018 at 6:55 PM
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. MCATKINGS

Moderator 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    #2 MCATKINGS, Apr 24, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  4. MCATKINGS

Moderator 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
  5. MCATKINGS

Moderator 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
  6. MCATKINGS

Moderator 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I have added Apple Pay as a payment option.

7. MCATKINGS

Moderator 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
  8. MCATKINGS

Moderator 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
  9. MCATKINGS

Moderator 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
  10. MCATKINGS

Moderator 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical