Technology buying laptop batteries online ...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mshheaddoc

Howdy
Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any good sites out there? I'm not huge on the "generic" ones but I'm looking for a reputable site. Its getting hard to find Toshiba Satellite M35 batteries, I sold mine last year and now my parents asked if I still had mine so they could have it. :rolleyes: So now I'm looking for them.

Specifically TOSHIBA PA3332U-1BRS Laptop Battery to throw that out there. Any good websites? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Any good sites out there? I'm not huge on the "generic" ones but I'm looking for a reputable site. Its getting hard to find Toshiba Satellite M35 batteries, I sold mine last year and now my parents asked if I still had mine so they could have it. :rolleyes: So now I'm looking for them.

Specifically TOSHIBA PA3332U-1BRS Laptop Battery to throw that out there. Any good websites? Thanks!
I know of one place I used for my Toshiba, dirt cheap and authentic (I verified it myself after I got the battery). I will look up the site for you, can't do it right now (have company coming over).

But you can usually get them from just about anywhere as long as the company has a good rep (check all the sites that rate online tech. resellers).

When you get the battery, put it in, and then run SiSoftware's Sandra computer info tool (the "Lite" version is free). It will dig up the manafacturer, serials # and ID from what the battery is reporting to the computer. If it doesn't match what it says on the battery casing, get them to refund your money and report them to the manufacturer for selling fake goods. If it does match what's on the battery, you can check with who is listed as the manafacturer and have them run the serial number against their stocks, they should be able to tell you whether it's valid or not as well as who they sold it to (may or may not be the guy you buy it from since some tech. stores buy from wholesalers, etc...) If it comes up as invalid or as being destroyed/defective, just as I said above, get a refund and report them. If they give you any hassle, say you will get your state attorney general involved, they will do just about anythng except lick your boots if you say that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Try this site

http://batteryrefill.com/

I heard a lot of good things about them. I am about to get my battery for thinkpad to get refilled. their price is also very fair... well at least for thinkpad batteries.

Try this site

http://batteryrefill.com/

I heard a lot of good things about them. I am about to get my battery for thinkpad to get refilled. their price is also very fair... well at least for thinkpad batteries.
Really, really not a good idea. These batteries were never meant to be "refilled" This kind of behavior is what leads to batteries overheating and damaging/destroying laptops or people.