By-passing my college policy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

benyben

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey

I took a microbiology class and did badly (my fault - it wasn't a hard class).

I got a "C".

I want to take it again.

The problem: my college won't let me retake it (because "C" is passing).

I therefore want to take it in a different college.

Is there a reason I should NOT take it in a different college?

Thank you !

Members don't see this ad.

There is not much of a point in re taking a course you passed.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can do that by moving on with a different course.

But if I take the SAME course again, than the low grade disappears (as opposed to taking another class, and than the C class drags you down).

No?

No, all it will do is show both grades, and in a sense average them together. So if you say got a C in a 3 unit class, then retook it and got an A, that would count as 6 units of B, while still showing the C and the A. So you're much better off just taking another recommended science class and doing well. Then maybe after you've taken all the recommended classes, then go back, but even then, it wouldn't be very worthwhile. I had a whole bunch of C's and 2 D's, don't worry, and just do well in DAT Bio.

No, all it will do is show both grades, and in a sense average them together. So if you say got a C in a 3 unit class, then retook it and got an A, that would count as 6 units of B, while still showing the C and the A. So you're much better off just taking another recommended science class and doing well. Then maybe after you've taken all the recommended classes, then go back, but even then, it wouldn't be very worthwhile. I had a whole bunch of C's and 2 D's, don't worry, and just do well in DAT Bio.

I appreciate that ! THANK YOU