C arm purchase

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

galenao

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please advise on what kind of c -arm I can buy for $35K. I have an offer now for a 2003 Siemens compact L for $28500 or a 2005 Siemens compact L for $34,000. Which will be better value? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Please advise on what kind of c -arm I can buy for $35K. I have an offer now for a 2003 Siemens compact L for $28500 or a 2005 Siemens compact L for $34,000. Which will be better value? Thanks

A35k c-arm is going to suck, need to spend 50k at least to get something decent.

Members don't see this ad :)

may be able to get an OEC 9400 for that price....not a bad machine for what you are paying....

U might find a Philips bv300 for cheap.....just keep searching. Also consider OEC 8800. It's what I use. Because of the tax benefits a new c-arm should not be discounted.

Have you looked at leasing? The payments are low, you get a new machine every 5 years and its all deductible

may be able to get an OEC 9400 for that price....not a bad machine for what you are paying....

im not a fan of the 9400 cuz it doesnt rotate enough to the left. You end up having to turn the patient.

im not a fan of the 9400 cuz it doesnt rotate enough to the left. You end up having to turn the patient.

Very true...but image quality is comparable to more high powered models. You have to ask yourself if the rotation is worth another 50-60K. Some would answer yes. Some would answer no. If on a budget, it is a consideration.

Thanks to you all for the advise.

1+. I used a refurbished 9400 for years with no problems. In this day and age, where cuts in reimbursement are looming large, I'd buy used for both the C-Arm and US machine. I'd set my budget to be around 50K for both.

you can have the image intensifier inspected, and the longevity can be assessed. Is it like the transmission of the c-arm, and cost alot to replace.

1+. I used a refurbished 9400 for years with no problems. In this day and age, where cuts in reimbursement are looming large, I'd buy used for both the C-Arm and US machine. I'd set my budget to be around 50K for both.

off topic but you can get a great US machine for 35K new with 2 probes, or less

Reasons you know your used c-arm is old, damn old:

1: Instead of having an "enter" button, it has an "accept" button

2: The screen looks like someone poached it from an Ms Pacman unit at a garage sale

3: no matter how hard you lock the controls it always drifts to the same random oblique view

4: it has a roller ball controlling the same cursor you had on your Atari 800

5: it comes with an emergency kick-start gas powered feature.

6: the rep includes a free "how to self-manage nuclear fallout" pamphlet

7: your keep asking your nurse "do you think that grey blob is the spine?"

Reasons you know your used c-arm is old, damn old:

1: Instead of having an "enter" button, it has an "accept" button

2: The screen looks like someone poached it from an Ms Pacman unit at a garage sale

3: no matter how hard you lock the controls it always drifts to the same random oblique view

4: it has a roller ball controlling the same cursor you had on your Atari 800

5: it comes with an emergency kick-start gas powered feature.

6: the rep includes a free "how to self-manage nuclear fallout" pamphlet

7: your keep asking your nurse "do you think that grey blob is the spine?"

mine has a hand crank on the side to start it up every morning. does that count?
actually, i dont think ill get rid of it. i hear that its really hard getting rid of teenagers, anyways...