C- in 2nd quarter of Calulus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kiwiqueenluvs

Reaction score
Hey y'all! I got a C- on Cal II and was wondering if I should retake it because apparently C- is not taken by AMCAS. I'm also taking 2 quarters of Stats if that helps with anything.

Members don't see this ad.

C's get degrees, and you will never utilize power functions in medical school. Unless you know you will get an A upon retake, I say no. You should still check with each school you're applying to with their math requirements.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey y'all! I got a C- on Cal II and was wondering if I should retake it because apparently C- is not taken by AMCAS. I'm also taking 2 quarters of Stats if that helps with anything.
What do you mean a C- is not "taken by AMCAS"?

Grade forgiveness is not allowed by AMCAS. Thus, re-taking this course to get an A will not raise your GPA any more than taking any other equally-weighted course and receiving an A. I think the correct step forward is to show improvement in your remaining courses. Most medical schools do not require calculus as a pre-requisite anyway.

What do you mean a C- is not "taken by AMCAS"?

Grade forgiveness is not allowed by AMCAS. Thus, re-taking this course to get an A will not raise your GPA any more than taking any other equally-weighted course and receiving an A. I think the correct step forward is to show improvement in your remaining courses. Most medical schools do not require calculus as a pre-requisite anyway.
I thought medical schools don't accept any prereqs in which you have a C-. But since its Cal II I guess its not really required. Thank you!

I thought medical schools don't accept any prereqs in which you have a C-. But since its Cal II I guess its not really required. Thank you!
Yes, a lot of schools do not require any math, but if they do, you can use credits not only from calculus but also from statistics to fulfill the requirement. Always check the websites of the schools that interest you, but I think you should be fine here!

Best of luck!