C+ in Gen Chem I with a high GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BigMD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I got a C+ in general chemistry one my freshmen year will that hurt my chances of getting into med school? My overall GPA is 3.7 and my science GPA is 3.56. Is just wonderin if a C+ in gen chem one hurts a person's chances of med school even if the person has a high overall and science GPA?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm hoping one bad grade doesn't hurt your chances too much b/c I got a C+ in organic chem 2 w/ the rest A's. Just try to do well in upper-level courses especially ochem and biochem to show them that C was just a fluke. At least it was in freshman year so they can see you've matured since then.

I'm hoping one bad grade doesn't hurt your chances too much b/c I got a C+ in organic chem 2 w/ the rest A's. Just try to do well in upper-level courses especially ochem and biochem to show them that C was just a fluke. At least it was in freshman year so they can see you've matured since then.

:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you for your answers

I got a C in first-year chem and a D in first-year calculus.

I worked my ass off for pretty much every other course, and didn't end up with all A's but, well, it doesn't matter anymore.

Forget about it. You can't change the past...and if you could, well you wouldn't need to - just work hard in your other courses.

You'll be fine.

Hi I got a C+ in general chemistry one my freshmen year will that hurt my chances of getting into med school? My overall GPA is 3.7 and my science GPA is 3.56. Is just wondering if a C+ in gen chem one hurts a person's chances of med school even if the person has a high overall and science GPA?

I can honestly say that the bulk of my freshman year was below a 3.0, but I've shaped up since then. Just saddle up and improve on your weakness is all I got to say. And no a C in Gen chem won't screw you over unless you make a C or lower in Orgo.

Hi I got a C+ in general chemistry one my freshmen year will that hurt my chances of getting into med school? My overall GPA is 3.7 and my science GPA is 3.56. Is just wonderin if a C+ in gen chem one hurts a person's chances of med school even if the person has a high overall and science GPA?

Give me a break! Grow up and quit worrying about your grade in a single class.