C in my last semester?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CTO

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think I am going to get a C in Calculus my last semester of college. Besides being a late applicant (still a couple secondaries left to go), I have a decent application.
psych major 3.88 cGPA 3.80sGPA
1.5 years biochem research
poster prez at a conference for a semester long psychology project
80 hours shadowing (3 specialties)
+115 hours hospital volunteering
31P MCAT
Good LORs

Did I screw myself if i get a C my last semester in calculus? Its still POSSIBLE i could get an B but highly doubtful (I need a 94% on my cumulative final) .I havent gotten above a 90 on any test. Most posts say "I got a C my freshman year, etc etc" what about a senior??

Members don't see this ad.

They won't even see it so as long as you don't update them, it won't matter unless you need to reapply next year.

Hi CTO,

Don't apply with a steep downward grade trend next June if you don't get an acceptance this season. It doesn't look good. Either pull out all the stops to get yourself into the B range, or consider taking a W now and retaking if it's a prereq for a school you care about.

I'd agree that a C won't kill you though if you get an acceptance this season.

Members don't see this ad :)
You're so screwed it's not even funny. Save yourself the shame and just end it all right now.

hsugh.gif

don't sweat it. I had a C on my transcript for spring of freshman year, and in the interviews they asked about it, but they understand that you're not perfect. And calculus isn't part of the general pre-medical requirements, so it won't look as bad as if say, you got the C in orgo or something like that. What's more, these are your senior year grades, so if you get an acceptance this time around, they probably won't even care as long as you pass. :)

Say I get the C in calculus. First, when am I obligated to notify the schools of my grade? Secondly, Will ONE C really kill me that much? Even as a reapplicant? I got an A in Orgo I/II, Chem I/II, Physics I/II, Bio I/II, Biochem, physiology, anatomy, and genetics! Actually, the only Bs Ive ever received that count towards my science GPA were stats and precalc...If one C will kill me then thats insane. But anyways, on to my second question: if I dont get in the first time around what do I do? Retake calculus? I wont be able to take a full course load because I will have a job. Thanks for all your help!!