C or W in Physics/Orgo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedmind

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To make a long short I may have to drop these courses and am curious what will look worse/better, an 'anticipated' C (maybe a little lower, maybe a little higher) or W....

I will retake them at another college at will be anticipating an A...most likely in both courses.

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't want a W in both of them... could you drop one and focus time on the other. I got a C in Orgo 1 but have an A now in Orgo 2... it was a professor issue. One C or W won't kill you but if you drop both it does show that you might not be able to handle a medical school load

Go for the W. Unless you'll end up with like 20 of them, it's better than a C.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thing is I transferred to a new university as a sophomore....I have been regretting this bc I know I could have been doing much better in the same courses at my old school than the new one. If after this next midterm I know I am not going to make it out with above a C I may withdraw from the school entirely, and retake these courses at my old school as well as continue my studies there till graduation.....I have a 3.84 cumulative from my previous college.....so getting bad grades is not like me. I am pretty motivated so getting two failing grades on Physics and Orgo on the first midterm was a huge shocker/upset to me...

And BTW; I have a good explanation for the W's...(family issues, medical problems)...it's not like I couldn't just handle it, things got in my way and pushed me back.

Why choose? Do both.

In all seriousness, I'm not sure that it matters much. The occasional bad grade isn't an application killer; a pattern of bad grades, on the other hand... If you are dead set on avoiding anything that might potentially lower your QPA by a few hundreths of a point (over four years), take the W.

I will retake them at another college at will be anticipating an A...most likely in both courses.

Anyone can get an A when they repeat a class, it's not difficult. As well, couple of C's are not the end of the world. I would just save the time, money and effort, and take the grade then ace your upper-level courses.

drop both, take them later, get solid A's

Drop both, it's not worth wasting your time for an anticipated C- or even lower.

Two bad grades are worse than two W's.

I have 4 W's on my transcript, but that's about it.

Honestly if you are gettting a C- at best in the class gtfo ad take the W. Getting a D in a class is not fun at all.

Honestly if you are gettting a C- at best in the class gtfo ad take the W. Getting a D in a class is not fun at all.

gtfo made me laugh out loud

So I dropped physics and earned a 'W'...the drop date for Orgo is this Monday.

If I do drop Orgo (I am anticipating a C), I will have to retake both over this summer and will be behind, because you can't take Orgo I in the Spring. I will also have two W's on my transcript in one semester.

Is dropping Orgo still the better option? I reasoned staying in Orgo bc I could still be on time with my major courses and would pull off an A in Orgo 2.