• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

C vs BS vs MS in PA

USADOC

15+ Year Member
May 7, 2001
    Can anyone give me insight into the differences between these 3 PA programs?
    Upon graduation do MS pa's make more money?
    Since i already have a BS, should i only apply to MS programs or should i be ok in getting a second BS in PA?
    Honestly i rather not take the GRE if there is no difference.

D

deleted6669

usadoc-many states now require a minimum of a bs to be a pa so I would set that as the minimum and skip the cert only programs.masters level p.a.'s do not make more money than b.s. level. a pa can get a masters in some entry level programs if they already have a bs or through a post grad training program or residency. the main impetus for p.a.'s to get graduate degrees was the fact that all of the np's get them now. it's just a resume thing.if you have a bs already, you might as well get the masters.I got a second bs in my program and the next year they switched to the ms for the same program. needless to say, I went back and got a postgrad emergency med masters. some masters level programs do not require the gre by the way. hope that helps-
      emedpa

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.