C3-C5 Neck compression - Over a year, i'm still in pain

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MuscularItalian

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Im new here but have been having problems for a year or so now with my injuries. Heck, its probably been a year and a half. Ill start off by saying how it happened. Im avid weight lifter and did gymnastics for the fun of it. I did a muscle up http://www.beastskills.com/the-muscle-up/ - Heres a link to learn more about it. I did 3 in a row, like I had a ton of times before. Next morning I woke up and I couldn't move me neck, it was stiff for 3 weeks or so. Once that went down I noticed I started getting some tingling in my shoulders and triceps. Long story short I got my MRI's I have a C3,C4,C5 compression and a bulging disc issue on my right side, its not so so serve but I cant lift any more without pain and lifting was my life. I have been to the orthopedics and he suggested physical therapy. Did nothing, they made me so small exercises, which I have already been doing. Im not able to bench press with the bar anymore because it puts my shoulder in a bad impingement, but I can use dumbbells but after about 10 reps im in massive pain because of the nerve issue. The docs said the compression is hitting a nerve which is causing the pain.

I also went to the chiro for about 8 weeks, only after 4 weeks he would open up the joins in my neck to take the pressure of my nerve, it was temp though the next day I was still in pain and still cant lift without pain. Not sure what to do here, some suggested surgery, most of the doctors I went to said I dont need surgery and that it just needs to decompress. Im sure there are people who have the same issues that are worse but turned out okay? - Is there anything at home I can do? I recently lost my job and my medical, but I can get that back or pay for a chiropractor again, just looking for opinions, this has been going on for to long, for me atleast.

Thank you,

Chris

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.