sonofva

10+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2009
Status
Attending Physician
hello all. can anyone who has been to C4 lately tell me if i really need 75$ to buy mres? is there other stuff to eat? should i bring extra cash for a food truck (ie - mama snack)? anything else not listed on packing list worth bringing?

bleeker10

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2008
GA
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Mama snacks is no longer there. You can bring food. You will have limited time to go to the shoppette since most days you get back after its closed.

Reactions: sonofva

IlDestriero

Ether Man
10+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2007
The ivory tower.
Status
Attending Physician
Beware the four fingers of death...

Last edited:

garyplayer

10+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
The box of MREs is about $75, you will eat them primarily during the last 3 days in the field or you could bring your own stuff. During the first 3 days of ATLS you will be able to eat breakfast at the DFAC & buy coffee/snacks in the canteen in the building where the classes are held. Some of the ATLS classes would pool money to buy coffee & bagels in the morning & pizza or subs at lunch. I would recommend bringing an additional $40 in small bills to cover the extras, no one ever has change.

turkish

10+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2006
Washington
Status
Attending Physician
The number for the closest Domino's Pizza is 210-408-5599, and they deliver right to your hut door, no questions asked.

colbgw02

Delightfully Tacky
10+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2004
By the guy with the thing at the place
Status
Attending Physician
I am stationed at a large Army MTF. Until recently, the Domino's Pizza kiosks were located immediately adjacent to the surgeon general's Performance Triad posters. They're still located in the same lobby.

What a clown show.

colbgw02

Delightfully Tacky
10+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2004
By the guy with the thing at the place
Status
Attending Physician
I am stationed at a large Army MTF. Until recently, the Domino's Pizza kiosks were located immediately adjacent to the surgeon general's Performance Triad posters. They're still located in the same lobby.

What a clown show.

Reactions: HighPriest

dr zaius

10+ Year Member
Oct 27, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Every time "performance triad" is mentioned I cringe.

I cringed a lot during a mandatory lecture today.

HighPriest

Specialized in diseases of the head holes
10+ Year Member
Jan 1, 2008
Status
Attending Physician
The performance triad is the missing step in the business model:
1. Steal Underpants.
2. Performance Triad.
3. Profit.