ngmc11

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2006
Status
Pharmacist
I transferred my hours from another state to CA. The other state sent in my hours on July 6. I got a deficiency letter from CA dated July 17 saying my application wasn't complete because they don't have enough hours. I emailed the board to tell them that the other state already sent it (with an email from the other state confirming it). No response after three weeks. After two weeks, I called and left a message on the voice mail, but no response. Not sure what to do.The other board said that they already sent it and if I want it resent, I would need to pay the fee to transfer the hours again...

What else can I do? Any advice?

Thank you!

Last edited:

xraided

10+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2009
Status
Pharmacy Student
how many hours did you have from your state? ca only accepts 900 hours from rotations, the rest have to come through paid work. hope this helps. other than that you can wait 45 business days from the time of application and they will respond quick

OP
N

ngmc11

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2006
Status
Pharmacist
how many hours did you have from your state? ca only accepts 900 hours from rotations, the rest have to come through paid work. hope this helps. other than that you can wait 45 business days from the time of application and they will respond quick

I only had 600 transferred. It's been more than 45 days. I submitted my application at the beginning of June.

blueclassring

10+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2005
Status
Pharmacist
The bureaucratic nightmare that is the California State Board of pharmacy. I can't get through to them either. It's been 45 days since my application was submitted, and I'm losing $4000 every month because of it until I can take my board exams.

xraided

10+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2009
Status
Pharmacy Student
Just be patient, it took 60 days from
the day I mailed my app until I got Att.

uicgrad

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 21, 2009
Status
Pharmacist
Can you email them and get a response. I have been dealing with the Missouri Board and found that I would get no response to a voicemail at all but if I emailed them my question I could get an emailed reply within 24 hours. Try emailing them.

OP
N

ngmc11

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2006
Status
Pharmacist
How long did it take for you to get the authorization for the boards?

blueclassring

10+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2005
Status
Pharmacist
Called the State Board this morning. They are processing applications up to June 16. My check was cashed July 3. it looks like we have to wait a while.

OP
N

ngmc11

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2006
Status
Pharmacist
My app was sent at the beginning of June.

Called the State Board this morning. They are processing applications up to June 16. My check was cashed July 3. it looks like we have to wait a while.

Corradoracer

10+ Year Member
Oct 5, 2004
Status
Pharmacist
I feel like i will never get my license in california!! I am afraid that i am deficient on something and will not find out about it until its too freaking late. My check was cashed on 7.21.09 ... they received my application on the 13th of July

Aug 12, 2009
Status
Pharmacist
I understand your frustrations as I am an out of state student as well. I had to send them my transcripts twice before they approved my application.

I did get a fairly quick response when I emailed them and put "Attention: name of person who sent my deficiency letter". Try that to see if you get a quicker email response.

birdyant

10+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2007
Status
Pharmacy Student
Does anyone know the updated status about the application process? It has been more than 45 days, but I still have not received anything yet. It's frustrated :(

Corradoracer

10+ Year Member
Oct 5, 2004
Status
Pharmacist
If you call the board and follow their message prompt, you will reach a recording letting you know they processed applications that were submitted up to X date

OP
N

ngmc11

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2006
Status
Pharmacist
It took me exactly 60 days since they cashed my check to get the att.
It took them a month to process the hours I transferred from out of state. They emailed me back when they finally processed the hours.

If you call the board and follow their message prompt, you will reach a recording letting you know they processed applications that were submitted up to X date

pills2009

7+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2009
Status
Pharmacist
I transferred my hours from another state to CA. The other state sent in my hours on July 6. I got a deficiency letter from CA dated July 17 saying my application wasn't complete because they don't have enough hours. I emailed the board to tell them that the other state already sent it (with an email from the other state confirming it). No response after three weeks. After two weeks, I called and left a message on the voice mail, but no response. Not sure what to do.The other board said that they already sent it and if I want it resent, I would need to pay the fee to transfer the hours again...

What else can I do? Any advice?

Thank you!

oh man i feel your pain. same thing happened to me but NYS has stopped transferring ALL hours out of state. Luckily I transferred it way early. The day after i received the deficiency letter, i called up the BOP and they sent the hours out again. the NEXT DAY, CA sent me the authorization to test. I'm pretty darn sure ca bop had messed up some or misplaced something.. keep emailing/calling ca bop and with your deficiency file number on the subject title..your states bop should make u pay the fee again either.. its not your fault it was lost! good luck!