CA resident, sGPA 3.49, cGPA 3.71, MCAT 506

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CloverBale

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't even know where to begin to apply! I feel like my application is definitely borderline between DO & MD, especially since I'm a CA resident at one of the top UCs. I definitely believe my application would be considered disadvantaged (not sure what that would do), but any help creating a list would help.
I also retook the MCAT and should get my score back on the 29th but I'm not sure I did that much better than the first time around.

I have two summers worth of a SURP and like years and years of clinical experience.

(Also when is it considered too late to apply to DO? I want to get in early, they have all my transcripts I just haven't submitted yet. I just got verified today through AMCAS)

Members don't see this ad.

You are competitive for all DO schools so apply to at least 10 and you should receive interviews. Applying in September is not too late for DO schools. Post your new MCAT score here when available. Where did you apply for MD schools?

You are competitive for all DO schools so apply to at least 10 and you should receive interviews. Applying in September is not too late for DO schools. Post your new MCAT score here when available. Where did you apply for MD schools?
That's the problem I haven't yet! I don't kno where I'd even have a shot at :/ my stats are pretty low

Members don't see this ad :)
These are MD schools where you could receive interviews with your stats:
Loma Linda
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Vermont
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
GW
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan