CA schools that accept third-year transfers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MSU2004

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that USC does, but they are not doing it this year and they doubt that they will for the class of 2004.

Anyone know of any other schools that, at least in principle, accept transfers?

Members don't see this ad.

99.9% of medical schools do not accept transfers without some legitimate reason. And the funny thing is that it's not based on academics or merit. For example, to transfer to Harvard med from another medical school, it must because a spouse is currently in medical school there. Transferring medical schools is not like transferring colleges in undergrad. It's nearly impossible and usually never happens. The only time they might accept a transfer is if people in a particular medical school decide not to continue, don't make it to the next year, or some other reason for which a seat opens up. That rarely happens, and when that does, it isn't like 10 or 12 seats, maybe 1-2 max. This is what i have learned from talking to admissions and research. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Stanford only accepts transfers if you are engaged or married to a Stanford med student, resident or fellow.

Members don't see this ad :)
My friend transferred to Stanford when he got married.
His wife was a PhD student there.
So your spouse may not need to be a med student.

hmm, I just thought of an easier way of getting a diploma from Harvard, Stanford, or any other ivy league school. Now all I have to do is find someone there that will marry me. :)