Cab fare from Philly Airport to UMDNJ-SOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

floweree

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone know a roundabout figure?

Members don't see this ad.

floweree said:
anyone know a roundabout figure?

If I remember right, more than $60
Hope it helps

When I interviewed at PCOM and UMDNJ-SOM, I was able to take a train from Philly into NJ, pretty much directly to the city where SOM is located. It was a very impressive and efficient way to do it and the one thing that really impressed me about Philly was the efficiency of their public transportation. If was great going from train to bus and to another train, practically flawless in my one experience, try it out, might be worth it.

Members don't see this ad :)
subtle1epiphany said:
When I interviewed at PCOM and UMDNJ-SOM, I was able to take a train from Philly into NJ, pretty much directly to the city where SOM is located. It was a very impressive and efficient way to do it and the one thing that really impressed me about Philly was the efficiency of their public transportation. If was great going from train to bus and to another train, practically flawless in my one experience, try it out, might be worth it.
efficient? :eek: I suggest you live there or in other cities before you claim efficient. Philly is one of the worst cities I have ever been in for public transportation. And its extremely LIMITED. You were just lucky you were going to an area it served.

Yes you can take a train from the airport to 8th street station then take the PATCO to the lindenwold station which is about 1/2 mile away from the school. I wouldn't suggest walking across Route 30.

You can get red rover for under $50 one way. Are you just going for the day?

A taxi would NOT cost $60 and if you paid that you got ripped off (or hit MAJOR traffic or he went the wrong way) (Nor would I take a taxi there unless you KNEW where you were going. Most taxi drivers are only informed about part of the philly area and not all of them even know that. :rolleyes: )

If you want to save money, you can do it this way:

From the airport, take the Septa R1 train to the Market East station (~$5 one way). At either 8th & Market or at 10th & Locust, get on the PATCO train towards Lindenwold, NJ (~$2 one way). Take the train all the way to the last stop which is Lindenwold (~30minute ride). The UMDNJ-SOM is just down the street (basically, across a big intersection) from the Lindenwold station, so you could either walk there (you'd have to walk thru a big parking lot and cross an intersection) or you can take a cab there (there are almost always cabbies waiting outside the station).

Hope this helps.

youcandoit said:
If you want to save money, you can do it this way:

From the airport, take the Septa R1 train to the Market East station (~$5 one way). At either 8th & Market or at 10th & Locust, get on the PATCO train towards Lindenwold, NJ (~$2 one way). Take the train all the way to the last stop which is Lindenwold (~30minute ride). The UMDNJ-SOM is just down the street (basically, across a big intersection) from the Lindenwold station, so you could either walk there (you'd have to walk thru a big parking lot and cross an intersection) or you can take a cab there (there are almost always cabbies waiting outside the station).

Hope this helps.

:thumbup: great advice.

mshheaddoc said:
efficient? :eek: I suggest you live there or in other cities before you claim efficient. Philly is one of the worst cities I have ever been in for public transportation. And its extremely LIMITED. You were just lucky you were going to an area it served.
Well, since I grew up in LA, even a crappy system is efficient to me. Plus I did exactly what youcandoit said, I just couldn't remember.
Sorry for offending you in some way :confused: