cabrini medical center

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gardenstateMD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone know whats going on with cabrini? i keep hearing that spitzer and NY are planning to take over the hospital - what does that mean for us (MS III, IVs) and how is that going to affect current interns and residents? im really curious b/c im looking into the mount sinai residency programs in surgery. if anyone can shed any light, i would really appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

hmm... word i'm hearing is that they are losing ambulance services on the 20th of september. cabrini is going down... but, it might take either through september, december, or (highly unlikely) the end of june '08 to happen.

cabrini is one of the hospitals that the state of NY wants to close. The funny thing is that the committee that took the desicion on what hospitals to close has 2 people that have strong connections with 1 hospital very close to cabrini!!! go figure!!!

I think that Cabrini closing is a done deal.
However, it was essentially a separate program from Mt Sinai in all but name.
So this shouldn't change the actual Sinai programs at all.

well, cabrini isn't technically closing - its restructuring.

that said, it will not remain as a teaching residency program as it is right now under the umbrella of mt. sinai. it will likely become an outpatient care center but will not be able to sustain any residents under its roof.

bump

for those who trained in cabrini, where are the records stored now?