CAHMCP--Chicago Area Health & Medical Careers Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drivn2bmd

Masochist a.k.a PreMed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Apparently there is a Post-Bac program with this name offered by IIT in conjuction with the Chicago Medical School (Rosalind Franklin Med).

Has anyone heard about this, or does anyone have any information about the program?

http://cahmcp.iit.edu/Programs/Post-Baccalaureate.html

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, I applied to this program and was very excited about it. However, after not hearing anything from anyone for months, and being unable to get a hold of the person in charge, I finally got a hold of someone else in the program. He told me that the program is several YEARS behind in looking at its applicants. It gives first priority to residents of the state of Illinios, and as he put it "you must show that you cannot get into medical school with your current stats". He gave me numbers of around above a 3.0 and 25 MCAT as not qualifying for the program because they're too high. I applied other places and never heard from them again.

I also applied to this program after I came across it. I am a resident of Illinois and sent in my application and all necessary files probably around the end of March. I talked to the doctor who runs the program and he told me he was very excited for my application. However, I have not heard ANYTHING back either and can't get a hold of anyone. Very, very weird.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the replies. I also sent them an e-mail and was curious as I hadn't gotten a response yet.

I have also heard of this program. Have they responded to your email?

You must speak with Dr. Reggie Jones, the Executive Director of this (CAHMCP) program. I am currently in contact with him. His office number is 312-567-3890 office .

Last edited:
is this one of those programs where you have to keep a specific gpa to matricluate to med school the following year? Any one participated in this program?