1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Cal kids applying to Minnesota...click here

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by drmota, Nov 23, 2005.

1. drmota

drmota 2K Member
    5+ Year Member

so, i just got this e-mail from the director of admissions:

Dear Kevin,
    We have reviewed your course work on your Supplemental Application and do not see a listing for Organic Chemistry courses. Please be
    advised that these are required pre-requisite courses for our school. Please get back to me, by email, at your earliest convenience regarding your plans for completing these Admissions requirements. Also, please be advised that all pre-requisites must be completed by July 1, 2006.
    Sincerely,
    Dr. Marilyn Becker

now, I did the whole Chem 1A/Chem 3A for inorganic and Chem 3B/MCB 102 for organic deal that all (most) schools are aware of and dont ask questions about. Is Minn just in the dark about this? I e-mailed her back telling her about it and how i'm in 3B (i've taken all the other 3) now, but it felt kinda weird having to spell this out for the director of admissions! anybody else at Berkeley get a similar e-mail??

-mota

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. drmota

drmota 2K Member
    5+ Year Member

never mind. she just emailed me back saying i'm chill. not in those words. sounded more professional and stuff.
    -mota

4. madonna

madonna Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    imagine if they would not count it or something after that LOR :)
    sorry, but that would be one fun post from you
    good luck

5. chandelantern

chandelantern MSI at Mayo in August!
    5+ Year Member

Just wanted to let you know I'm from UC Davis and I got the same email only for Biochem (I took 2 biochem courses at Davis). Once I emailed with the course descriptions it was all good, I got an interview and got in. Good luck!

6. Messerschmitts

Messerschmitts Mythic Dawn acolyte
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician