Calc 2 at community college

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ralphie48

S-Class missing nin
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This spring in order to accommodate a rigorous senior year schedule (I am a junior now), I probably need to Calc 2 in the spring. The university I'm at will charge several thousand for the course while the community college or another local university only several hundred (I will have taken calc 1 at the aforementioned university and performed well). I'm a financial aid student and have taken out quite a few loans and do not wish to go in debt anymore than I have to considering how far med school will put me in debt. Do you think medical schools will frown on me taking this course at another school? Advice is greatly appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

This spring in order to accommodate a rigorous senior year schedule (I am a junior now), I probably need to Calc 2 in the spring. The university I'm at will charge several thousand for the course while the community college or another local university only several hundred (I will have taken calc 1 at the aforementioned university and performed well). I'm a financial aid student and have taken out quite a few loans and do not wish to go in debt anymore than I have to considering how far med school will put me in debt. Do you think medical schools will frown on me taking this course at another school? Advice is greatly appreciated

Wow, I can't see one course costing more than one hundred. Prices must be high over there. But anyway, if you searched, you would have found out that it will look suspicious unless you have a chance to explain your reasoning. One class won't hurt though.

If you do well in Calc 1 then it shouldn't raise any red flags. Anyway, Calc 2 isn't required for most schools (any?).

I have a question too. Is it going to look bad if I take calc at community college rather than at my university? My university has really bad calc teachers and although I'm currently in calc at my university, I'm going to drop it because I can't understand anything the prof talks about- he doesn't explain things and I'm not going to get a good grade. What do you guys think? Btw, most of the schools I'm going to apply to don't require calc.