Calc and Stats Pre-reqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

frosty42

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m applying next cycle and I just wanted to check in on some of my pre-reqs. I took calc 1 in the summer between my freshman and sophomore years. My school didn’t allow me to take a grade for it so it had to be for credit only in order to transfer.

However, I did end up getting an A in the class - I got a grade for it bc my school would only give credit for a grade above a B-.

Will med schools only look at the fact that I got credit for the course or would I be able to send in my transcript for the university I took calc at to show that I received an A?

I know it doesn’t look grade to take something pass/fail but I wanted to take it for a grade, my school just wouldn’t let me.

Also, for stats I took a course listed as Psych200 Statistics: An activity based approach
It was a requirement for my neuro major and it taught us how to use SPSS, the software I use for my research which is why I took it instead of the statistics course in the math department.
We did cover the basic stats knowledge that med schools expect you to have.

Will it be seen as a negative that I took psych stats and not math stats?

Members don't see this ad.

Will med schools only look at the fact that I got credit for the course or would I be able to send in my transcript for the university I took calc at to show that I received an A?

You will need to provide transcripts for all universities attended, including the one you attended during the summer.

Will it be seen as a negative that I took psych stats and not math stats?

No, that's fine.