Calculate my pay navy dentist HPSP

Fefehake

5+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2015
    Can someone help calculate the pay for a navy dentist for 2020? I’ve seen older threads but would love a current calculation.

Stats: HPSP graduate going into an AEGD, board certified, licensed, no prior service.
    I’m just confused on IP, BCP, and vsp and I’m not sure what we’re qualified for.
    Also is there a 90 day waiting period for any of these? I thought I heard something about it for one of the pays but not sure.
    Thanks for your help.

chlrbwls

10+ Year Member
    Navy
    May 17, 2011
    1. Dental Student
      There no longer is asp or vsp

Easy way to calculate is following

Base pay
      Save pay (incentive pay for licensure 1667 per month) - 90 days from your official graduation and holding state licensure
      BAH depends on your zip
      BAS depends on your rank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
      About the Ads

NavyDentist2

Navy
      7+ Year Member
      May 17, 2013
      1. Dentist
        Can someone help calculate the pay for a navy dentist for 2020? I’ve seen older threads but would love a current calculation.

Stats: HPSP graduate going into an AEGD, board certified, licensed, no prior service.
        I’m just confused on IP, BCP, and vsp and I’m not sure what we’re qualified for.
        Also is there a 90 day waiting period for any of these? I thought I heard something about it for one of the pays but not sure.
        Thanks for your help.

You'll net around 6k a month

NavyDentist2

Navy
        7+ Year Member
        May 17, 2013
        1. Dentist

take it or leave it

There’s a lot of hidden benefit in military pay. No health insurance, a portion of them
          Not taxable. When you say your gross income is 90k that’s a bit misleading because your BAH and BAS are not taxable. Really it’s about 100k+ gross if you are comparing it with civilian world.

Reactions: 1 users
          About the Ads
          This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.