Calculus

mikehussey

Jul 27, 2015
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
    For people who used the Kaplan Book, was the Math section, especially the Calculus part, sufficient enough to get you a good score? Also the book didn't talk about the trig functions and unit circle, does that mean we don't have to study for it?

Z-Qualizer

5+ Year Member
    Jul 20, 2015
    1. Non-Student
      I took the Kaplan course and we went over trig functions and unit circle in class. Overall, I was extremely satisfied with Kaplan, however, I feel math is the weakest area of their program. I consistently scored in the 90+ percentile in the quantitative section on all of my practice exams, yet < 50 on actual test day. Luckily I was >90 in every other section and ended up with a 95 composite. I would highly recommend supplementing your kaplan materials with an additional math prep source. Hope this helps... ~Z

Z-Qualizer

5+ Year Member
      Jul 20, 2015
      1. Non-Student
        PharmHealth_KI brings up a good point - your existing skill set plays a big part too...

I took calculus as an undergrad 15+ years ago, and didn't Ace it back then. But like I said, I was crushing the Quantitative section on the practice tests, so I feel like Kaplan gave me a false sense of confidence in that regard. But that's just my experience...

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.