Calculus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Benzoic Acid

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been reviewing my calc book for a month now, and I'm wondering how much further I should go. I'm solid on limits and basic differentiation, and now I have completed the chain rule... does the test even include probs that require the chain rule? I also heard there is a lot of trig, would anyone be wiling to open up their trig book to the contents and name which things I should study. I have a trig book that's huge, and I don't know where I should begin.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Benzoic Acid said:
I've been reviewing my calc book for a month now, and I'm wondering how much further I should go. I'm solid on limits and basic differentiation, and now I have completed the chain rule... does the test even include probs that require the chain rule? I also heard there is a lot of trig, would anyone be wiling to open up their trig book to the contents and name which things I should study. I have a trig book that's huge, and I don't know where I should begin.

thanks

I only had 1 trig problem on my pcat that i can remember. However, it probably differs a lot from test to test. There was a lot of calculus on my pcat and i would definitely know how to solve most of first semester calculus problems: limits, derivatives, solving for tangent lines, chain rule, implicit differentiation (yes, this can be on the pcat :(), basic integration (very basic stuff, but know how to do it!)

Hope this helps. The real problem with the math section is having enough time to solve all of the problems. I knew how to solve most of the calculus problems, but i didn't have enough time to go back to them when i skipped them the first time. I had to randomly guess on many of the math questions so i probably ended up bombing that section. Good luck on your studies!

As simple as the questions are, it's a matter of time. Implicit differentiation takes time to do, as does integration. Better practice doing some of the plugging in your head or writing them out in easy to calculate forms.