CALI People and UC/Ca Applicants I really need your help!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UrSexyLatinDr21

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, amigos/amigas!

Ok, I hope you guys can help me on these: I would like to know/get the email address/phone numbers of the Dean Of Admissions from: UCLA, UCSD, UCI, UCD, UCSF, UCLA/DREW, USC, and Stanford. If any of you guys have this info please share it with me.

Eduardo

Members don't see this ad.

FYI if you email the deans directly they may not like it very much. Also, if you call them, chances are that their secretaries WILL NOT put you through to them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you guys for your response!

UCLA2000 Lets say I have specific concerns that only the dean of admissions could answer? How will i get in contact with him? I mean, this are some questions in particular I have. I post them here already and they were very mixed responses, so I decided to just go ahead and ask the specific schools I was interested in. Any advice from anyone else?

Eduardo

I am sure more than 2 people can help; donde esta mis hermanos/hermanas? help please!

Eduardo

Bumping it for me!:D

Eduardo

P.S. Ayudenme!!!!!

Originally posted by UrSexyLatinDr21
Thank you guys for your response!

UCLA2000 Lets say I have specific concerns that only the dean of admissions could answer? How will i get in contact with him? I mean, this are some questions in particular I have. I post them here already and they were very mixed responses, so I decided to just go ahead and ask the specific schools I was interested in. Any advice from anyone else?

Eduardo
UCLA 2K is right. Your not special enough for the directors of admissions to give time to, so all you would do is clutter up their mailbox. Not sure it would hurt you, prolly because they would never read it.

Ha! Sounds like a bunch of nervous, competitive pre-meds here scared of someone else getting in with the deans. There goes the SDN "supportive" atmosphere. :laugh:

Hey Guys, amigos/amigas! Ok, I hope you guys can help me on these: I would like to know/get the email address/phone numbers of the Dean Of Admissions from: UCLA, UCSD, UCI, UCD, UCSF, UCLA/DREW, USC, and Stanford. If any of you guys have this info please share it with me.
Eduardo,

The longer you're on sdn, you'll find that they are plenty of helpful folks. However, I wanted to point out to ya that that's quite a list of schools you've mentioned & it sounded like you were hoping that someone would type in all that info for you.

I would suggest that you use the link i gave & look up the school info you need. That aamc page has links to websites of all the schools. Also, do a search & see if you might find old posts that address your concerns and spend some time browsing through posts from the last few weeks.

If you still have a pressing concern, then post your question and we'll be more than happy to help. :)

Originally posted by freshmanritis
scootad, i'm already accepted and going to medical school you idiot.
We don't believe ya! Good riddance, AGAIN! Just stick to your word this time, please.

Originally posted by Nefertari
We don't believe ya! Good riddance, AGAIN! Just stick to your word this time, please.

You gonna tell me you don't believe Jalby or I either? We gave him honest advice. In general admissions deans of UC's will problably be annoyed by an applicant circumventing the system and "bothering" them.

Originally posted by UCLA2000
You gonna tell me you don't believe Jalby or I either? We gave him honest advice. In general admissions deans of UC's will problably be annoyed by an applicant circumventing the system and "bothering" them.
UCLA2000,

don't worry, not referring to you guys. I really appreciate it when people who are in med school come back & share w/ us their experiences.

The above poster i'm referring to is some obnoxious kid who claims to be in med school, jumps all @ the forums insulting veteran sdners (& mostly women) & is just downright nasty to everybody. Needs to be slapped @ a bit & put in his place. Everyone else, please excuse my bad temper today. I've just had enough of this crap!

Here is the Dean of Admissions of UC Davis:

Edward D. dagang
Office (530) 752-2717
Fax (530) 752-2376

I hope that helps, he is a little dry but he is straigt forward. He wont butter things up. Good Luck!

Thanks a lot guys, but hey there is no reason to start fighting!

Eduardo

If your concern is valid and can only be resolved by talking with the Dean, then I don't see the problem in contacting him. If it is anything about your application, then I would not contact the Dean.

I don't know his number, but Dean Ralston is a great guy and doesn't seem the type to get angry by talking with an applicant over the phone. These Deans are real human beings and not angry anal people who will reject someone because their telephone rang. Paranoia leads to many conspiracies.

And as far as the fighting is concerned, I don't see it as a fight. I see it as Nefertari calling like it is. Freshmanitis is a tool.

Thanks Souljah1

See, I wanted to contact the Dean of admissions because I had some question regarding some academic past, not sure if any other admission personnel could answer that! As I mentiones, I posted the same questions here several times with rreally mixed responses! What do you think?

Eduardo

Thanks Souljah1

See, I wanted to contact the Dean of admissions because I had some question regarding some academic past, not sure if any other admission personnel could answer that! As I mentiones, I posted the same questions here several times with rreally mixed responses! What do you think?

Eduardo

To be honest, I really don't think he'll be able to help you. The admission committee at UCSF is comprised of many people, and the final decision is a collective one, not one made by the Dean. All that I can say is that the definitely look at trends in academic performance. So, if you have a shaky past, but have performed top-notch since then, I wouldn't worry too much about your past. Of course, some schools may not spend the time to do so, but most will. It was definitely the case with my application. ;)

So, I don't really see how the Dean coudl help you. He won't say yes or no, but will rather assure you that your application will be thoroughly evaluated, and would also probably tell you that they look at more than just numbers.

it couldnt really hurt to contact the dean. perhaps you can work your sexy latin charm.

perhaps you can work your sexy latin charm. ;) Good Idea!

Thanks SoulJah1, I will PM you with some specifics!

Eduardo