SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

cali resident: loma linda and drew/ucla?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by whyme, May 12, 2002.

1. whyme

whyme Member 7+ Year Member

May 8, 2002
    I'm going to apply this year and I was wondering what people know about these two schools? I am asian and not seventh day adventist.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Dr. Scandinavia

Dr. Scandinavia Member 7+ Year Member

Apr 18, 2002
    Los Angeles
    My friend applied to Loma Linda & Drew/UCLA this year. She told me that there is a very small acceptance rate for DREW/UCLA if you are not considered an URM. From what I understood only 4/24 that were accepted were regular white caucasians. As for Loma Linda they like to see some kind of commitment of service to A religion. I addition you have to accept that there is a sabbath on Friday nights, and I think the Library could be closed on Saturdays (please double check this). At LL you also have to live w/o caffeine and alcohol, and you cannot cohabit with your boyfriend (according to their rules). These are just a few things I know..

4. STi555

STi555 Senior Member 7+ Year Member

May 4, 2002
    I just wanted to comment on Loma Linda. First you can have caffeine, but alcohol is considered a no no. Some strict SDAs are against caffeine and they may not want you to have it at school, but I doubt they enforce it strictly. I think the library is probably closed on Saturday. It is a different atmosphere and I think it depends on what kind of attitude you have towards them when you go there if you will enjoy it or not. SDAs have different beliefs but most of them are nice people, but some can be close minded. Just for the record I am SDA and I grew up near Loma Linda, but I do not know a lot about the school. If you have any question about the school or SDAs feel free to ask.