Cali residents...bad luck?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

silver_eyes

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok,
i heard that just b/c ur a cali resident u have a tougher time of geting into med school.

cali res, apply to more med schools than other states.
they have to have competitive gpa and mcat scores than the rest of the nation

which out of state schools take a good amount of cali residents and the schools that have a pretty good acceptance rate for cali residents?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't know about acceptance rates, but apparently lots of California folk apply to Michigan.

Members don't see this ad :)
there is definitely a strong california contingency at Creighton

Originally posted by sundown
there is definitely a strong california contingency at Creighton

If they keep pulling those upsets in The Tournament, there might be more! :)

-RA

I go to UCSD and they keep tabs on the schools that take the most UCSD students. For out of state, last year, the schools that admitted the most UCSD students were:

Pittsburgh (10), St. Louis (10), NYMC (29), Medical College of Wisconsin (17), Tufts (12), Finch (31), Albany (17), and Penn. State (15)

Again, I dont know what school you go to but this was for UCSD students so if you go to a UC, im sure it's similar. Hope that helps.

Jetson

Originally posted by Jet915
I go to UCSD and they keep tabs on the schools that take the most UCSD students. For out of state, last year, the schools that admitted the most UCSD students were:

Pittsburgh (10), St. Louis (10), NYMC (29), Medical College of Wisconsin (17), Tufts (12), Finch (31), Albany (17), and Penn. State (15)

Again, I dont know what school you go to but this was for UCSD students so if you go to a UC, im sure it's similar. Hope that helps.

Jetson

hi jetson,

i go to university of the pacific. a private school in stockton....near sacramento.