silver_eyes

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 30, 2001
Visit site
Status
Pre-Medical
ok,
i heard that just b/c ur a cali resident u have a tougher time of geting into med school.

cali res, apply to more med schools than other states.
they have to have competitive gpa and mcat scores than the rest of the nation

which out of state schools take a good amount of cali residents and the schools that have a pretty good acceptance rate for cali residents?

About the Ads

sundown

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2002
www.mountmichaelhs.com
Status
there is definitely a strong california contingency at Creighton

Jet915

Shi*ter's Rule
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 23, 2002
Jacksonville, NC
www.naturesamerica.com
Status
I go to UCSD and they keep tabs on the schools that take the most UCSD students. For out of state, last year, the schools that admitted the most UCSD students were:

Pittsburgh (10), St. Louis (10), NYMC (29), Medical College of Wisconsin (17), Tufts (12), Finch (31), Albany (17), and Penn. State (15)

Again, I dont know what school you go to but this was for UCSD students so if you go to a UC, im sure it's similar. Hope that helps.

Jetson

OP
S

silver_eyes

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 30, 2001
Visit site
Status
Pre-Medical
Originally posted by Jet915
I go to UCSD and they keep tabs on the schools that take the most UCSD students. For out of state, last year, the schools that admitted the most UCSD students were:

Pittsburgh (10), St. Louis (10), NYMC (29), Medical College of Wisconsin (17), Tufts (12), Finch (31), Albany (17), and Penn. State (15)

Again, I dont know what school you go to but this was for UCSD students so if you go to a UC, im sure it's similar. Hope that helps.

Jetson
hi jetson,

i go to university of the pacific. a private school in stockton....near sacramento.

About the Ads