Cali Residents--is this true??

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by The Mysterious Stranger, Jul 28, 2002.

1. The Mysterious Stranger

The Mysterious Stranger Senior Member

I am not a CA resident, but was looking at the profiles of all medschools in the MSAR. I noticed that under all the UC schools tutition for residents was written as "none." Is this a typo, a misleading figure, or the truth? As a TX resident, I thought the TX schools were a great deal at $6,000. I just can't believe you can attend a top-rate school in CA for $0 tuition. As a CA resident it would be hard to justify going anywhere for that deal including Harvard or even Stanford! I have no intention of going to any school in CA but I just think that $0 tuition is incredible. Is that part of the reason the UC's are so competitive?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Jalby

Jalby I fight crime at day when Batman are sleeping.

Pre-Veterinary
    Because of the UC's charter, Uc's can't chage tuition for any campus. (this was writting in the 60's I think) They actually get around this by charging about 10K worth in "fees".

4. The Mysterious Stranger

The Mysterious Stranger Senior Member

Oh. pretty sneaky, i guess. 10k is till a good deal compared to most private schools. thanks, jalby.