Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Cali Residents--is this true??

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by The Mysterious Stranger, Jul 28, 2002.

1. The Mysterious Stranger

The Mysterious Stranger Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I am not a CA resident, but was looking at the profiles of all medschools in the MSAR. I noticed that under all the UC schools tutition for residents was written as "none." Is this a typo, a misleading figure, or the truth? As a TX resident, I thought the TX schools were a great deal at $6,000. I just can't believe you can attend a top-rate school in CA for $0 tuition. As a CA resident it would be hard to justify going anywhere for that deal including Harvard or even Stanford! I have no intention of going to any school in CA but I just think that $0 tuition is incredible. Is that part of the reason the UC's are so competitive?

2. Jalby

Jalby I fight crime at day when Batman are sleeping.
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    Because of the UC's charter, Uc's can't chage tuition for any campus. (this was writting in the 60's I think) They actually get around this by charging about 10K worth in "fees".

3. The Mysterious Stranger

The Mysterious Stranger Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Oh. pretty sneaky, i guess. 10k is till a good deal compared to most private schools. thanks, jalby.