Quantcast

Cali schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fritz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I am a Cali resident and I have not heard from any of the UCs post secondary. UCI put me on hold for an interview.
But how depressing is this? Do they only have 40+/4.0 applicants this year?
I can't get any information from UCI about why they put me on hold. I was thinking that maybe if I send them an update of the things that I have been doing they'll get me off the dreaded list.
I think I am starting to develop chronic depression...:)

UCIgrad2002

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i feel ya! i haven't even RECEIVED a secondary from them, and i don't think i will too. ah well. good luck to you though.

TTSD

Sexually Deprived
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The only thing I received was a small white envelope from UCLA that gave me a bloody heart attack. All it said was they haven't started yet or something..

WuzUpDoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by TTSD
The only thing I received was a small white envelope from UCLA that gave me a bloody heart attack. All it said was they haven't started yet or something..

what have they not started?? i know someone who has already interviewed there.... and still others with invites

strangeattractor

ucla permanent fixture
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
maybe is it possible that they got a LOTTA apps this year and are bogged down?

ucsf hasn't even contacted me about whether or not they want a secondary and my file is complete everywhere. and i would LOVE to go there.

1olddoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just hang in there. It is still very early for the UC's. I think you should be happy that UCI put you on hold. There is a possibility that they will interview you later, and that is more than allot of Cali applicants. Also, I don't think it can hurt to send them an update on your progress.

LoneCoyote

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
uc's are very, very slow. i would just be patient. i was surprised to have already gotten 2 uc secondaries, ucd and uci. i just got uci recently. i really though i'd be getting secondaries around december, judging from the experience of friends of mine. so don't lost hope... it's annoying, but hopefully we'll get to stay in the state at the end of this LONG process.

Sandstorm247

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
yeah, uc schools take a while. i just received a ucla secondary after more than three months so it was definitely a pleasant surprise

UCSBMed1

SoCal Hater
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, hang in there. Trust me, going to school in California is DEFINATELY worth the wait. I'm still wearing shorts, and its almost November! God, I couldn't imagine being anywhere else.

Here was my timetable:

UCSF
secondary, 11/02
interview invite 12/02 (scheduled for 1/03)

UCLA
secondary, 10/02
interview invite 1/03 (UCLA solo), 11/03 (Drew/UCLA)
acceptance into Drew/UCLA program: 2/03

UCSD
secondary 10/02
interview invite 3/03

UCI
No Secondary

UC Davis
secondary, 9/02
interview invite 11/02
acceptance way after that

Good luck. :)