California 2009 Post Bacs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh and Sir Icure..did you hear anything from uci yet...its been a while after the interview..yeah? give us good news :thumbup::)

Members don't see this ad.

No...I haven't heard anything yet.Still crossing my fingers and waiting. I hope I get some news soon.

Oh and Sir Icure..did you hear anything from uci yet...its been a while after the interview..yeah? give us good news :thumbup::)

Okay, so no news this week. Let's cross our fingers for next week!

Members don't see this ad :)
another week...wow,,,I wonder how long we are gonna be doing this..lol..

I know! I'm not as nervous about it anymore though. I guess the nervousness wears off. Whatever will be, will be.

Happy Easter fellow student docs.. :D

Last edited:
I also interviewed at UCI last week with the two wonderful ladies at UCI. They told me I should hear something from them in two weeks also. I have not heard back from other UC's yet.

:D for everyone who got an interview invite, do you guys mind sharing your stats? for instance, your GPA.

also, i just turned in my UC post bacc apps last Fri., 4/10. So, I was wondering how long it takes them to post whether or not my application is complete.

Thank you guys!

:D for everyone who got an interview invite, do you guys mind sharing your stats? for instance, your GPA.

also, i just turned in my UC post bacc apps last Fri., 4/10. So, I was wondering how long it takes them to post whether or not my application is complete.

Thank you guys!

The programs seem to be looking for a science gpa of 2.75 or higher. My science gpa is about 2.85.

Yea, like babygal said, the minimum GPA for acceptance is about 2.75.My science GPA is 3.27

I just recieved an email from UCI post-bacc......I have been accepted into the program!! :D Good luck everybody!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh my gosh! Congrats Icure!! I'm so happy for you!!!

Good luck to everyone else!

I just recieved an email from UCI post-bacc......I have been accepted into the program!! :D Good luck everybody!

CONGRATS ICURE!
That's exciting... I hope it went as well for me.

Congratulations, Icure! Good job!

Good luck to all the rest of us. :xf:

Hello everybody, Thank you very much for the support! I also got a phone call today from Katherine at UCSF, I have an interview in May :). It looks like they are beginning to respond now, so good luck to everyone! Lets keep praying

Last edited:
congrats on your acceptance, Icure!!!! ..and your invite from UCSF.

Anyone interviewed at UCSD, yet?

somewhat related i guess.. im in the middle of applying for a post bacc for this year and i was just wondering what the main difference is between a 1 year masters program and a 1 year post bacc program?

i have not applied to dental school yet, this is something i want to do before applying since my gpa isnt the greatest.

what are the advantages/disadvantages of both? thanks!

Hello everybody, Thank you very much for the support! I also got a phone call today from Katherine at UCSF, I have an interview in May :). It looks like they are beginning to respond now, so good luck to everyone! Lets keep praying

Ok now you are making me jealous Icure..! whatever..lol.! jk haha..good for you..!

Really? You mean, if we did the UCLA/CDU post-bacc, we would gain a conditional acceptance to UCLA/CDU med school for the very next year?

Thats what I heard...reading here and there..I hope it is true :D

As much as I wished that were true, it most definitely is NOT.

I did UCLA's post bac a few years ago....a post bac is great, but there are definitely some questions you want to ask. I posted about my experience with UCLA RAP in the sticky thread on "rate your SMP/postbac".

If you guys have any questions about UCLA's post bac, let me know and I'll try my best to answer them.

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anybody knows or has a general idea of how many people get accepted into the UCPB that are first-time applicants vs. reapplicants per campus? thanks!

Nope, no invites here. How about you?

hey all

i'm just finishing up my sophomore year, so i'm not going to be applying to postbacs anytime soon. right now, i'm studying in michigan, but my dream schools are in CA...do you guys know if it's at all possible to get CA residency after attending a CA postbac? i know that OH and possibly NY allow residency...but i wasn't sure about CA. The UC website says you have to reside in CA for one year, but i'm not sure if that one year would count if my reason for being there was for education. any thoughts? oh and best of luck guys!!!!

This may be a dumb question, but...

Since UCD has a rolling admissions policy, do you think there is any hope for a first-time applicant this late in the process?

(I haven't sent in the completed app yet.)

Mandaness: i received an interview invite from UCSF and UCSD this past week. my application said i was complete 4/13/09 and turned in my application 4/10/09.

i will let you guys know how my interviews will go (crossing my fingers)... wish me luck :D.

Hey PostBaccHopeful! Congrats on your interviews! I'm curious, how do they contact you? Email or phone?
Best of luck!

It seems interviews are offered within a week after completing the application. Has anyone received an offer for an invitation 2-3 weeks after completing the application??? Also, I know some of you guys have been waiting for quite sometime for some response back, do the schools send out rejection emails denying you an interview?

Mandaness:
For UCSF, I received a phone call from Kathy. Her number was blocked, so I was really happy when I did answer a blocked number (which I usually don't do). :p

I received an e-mail for my UCSD interview.

Both UCSD and UCSF start interviewing May 1st. So, I wouldn't worry too much if I haven't received an invite yet.

I am still waiting for UCI, UCD, and UCLA/CDU.

It seems interviews are offered within a week after completing the application. Has anyone received an offer for an invitation 2-3 weeks after completing the application??? Also, I know some of you guys have been waiting for quite sometime for some response back, do the schools send out rejection emails denying you an interview?

my application was "complete" in feburary..I still didnt hear anything..

Mandaness:
For UCSF, I received a phone call from Kathy. Her number was blocked, so I was really happy when I did answer a blocked number (which I usually don't do). :p

I received an e-mail for my UCSD interview.

Both UCSD and UCSF start interviewing May 1st. So, I wouldn't worry too much if I haven't received an invite yet.

I am still waiting for UCI, UCD, and UCLA/CDU.

you wanna get an invite to all? :p

This may be a dumb question, but...

Since UCD has a rolling admissions policy, do you think there is any hope for a first-time applicant this late in the process?

(I haven't sent in the completed app yet.)

You still have a shot at Davis, trust me. They are very good about giving everybody an opportunity. I was complete late and still got in. You will be ok.

I submitted my application on 4/9 but my application file status is still pending. They're waiting on one letter of rec. Long story about that but I'm hoping & praying I'll still be considered :xf:

Someone asked in an earlier post about the number of first-time applicants & number of re-applicants they accept for postbac programs. Anyone have an idea or any estimates regarding that?

Good luck to everyone & hopefully we'll hear some good news this week :)

You still have a shot at Davis, trust me. They are very good about giving everybody an opportunity. I was complete late and still got in. You will be ok.

That's good to know. I am going to give it my best shot and see what happens. Congrats and good luck for all you that have been granted interviews!!

All my supporting docs are now in :) My app was submitted on 4/9 & my last supporting doc was just received today.

Question for all applicants.. how long after you submitted your app did your status change from "pending" to "completed"?

Chelle, I think it took about 2 days for my status to change to completed.

Thanks! My application is now complete & finally being reviewed, phew.

Anyone hear anything this week?

I guess I will join in the fun and share my story as well.

I applied to all UC post bacs with the exception of UCLA and UCR.

I have a 2.9 overall GPA.

Worked 40 + hrs a week during first three years of under grad due to health insurance issues.

I am not one to brag, but I think my extra curriculars are stellar.

I am scared though, can't wait to hear something back.

I heard back from UCLA/CDU that they received my application.

Guess I might be living " in the CITY, of Good Ole Watts"

Be strong everyone, god will guide you.

I think UCLA/CDU sent out an email to everyone about receiving their application.

I think there is still hope...I mean, the deadline for re-applicants is May 15th. I once heard that some schools wait until ALL applications are in until they start screening. Maybe that's the case with UCLA/CDU, at least I hope so.

By the way, I cancelled my interview with UCSF, so hopefully my interview spot goes to one of you! Best of luck and God Bless.

Yeah this is getting pretty long now.

Is there still hope?

I think there is still hope...I mean, the deadline for re-applicants is May 15th. I once heard that some schools wait until ALL applications are in until they start screening. Maybe that's the case with UCLA/CDU, at least I hope so.

By the way, I cancelled my interview with UCSF, so hopefully my interview spot goes to one of you! Best of luck and God Bless.

WEll I havent received any rejections. But I wonder if not hearing anything is synonymous with them not caring to even get in touch with you because they do not want you in their program. Or maybe it just means they havent gotten to my application yet.

who knows.

who really cares any more, worrying only worries you more.

Hey I cure, btw I was wondering if you had any significant research experience in your undergrad, and how much of a factor that was in your selection?

I hadn't yet received the e-mail from UCLA/CDU while I was reading these posts the other day and started to feel a little queasy. Just got that e-mail notification from them today though.

I don't think that not hearing from them is synonymous to not being accepted (at least I hope not!). Although I DID read in one of the 2007-2008 post-bac threads that someone hadn't received a rejection or acceptance from some of the schools at all, so she was kinda left hanging. Another thing I read that I found funny was that they had accepted someone into a program 1 1/2 weeks after it had begun. So that just goes to show the variability we may see in these coming weeks of waiting (eek!).

I haven't heard from any schools (other than the notification from UCLA/CDU) but I guess the only thing to do now is hope, pray & practice patience in the time being.

Oh yea, my stats just to throw out here. My science GPA is about a 2.86 & I've had significant research experience (though it was in the psych field since I'm a Psychobiology major).

i just got a generic reply from ucla right now but still waiting like everyone else. good luck to everyone.

Dear UCLA/CDU Postbaccalaureate Applicants,

Thank you for applying to our program. We have received your application and we are
in the process of reviewing our postbacc applications. Interviews will take place
during the month of May and June. We thank you for selecting our program and for
your patience.

Best wishes,

UCLA/CDU Postbaccalaureate Program

I received the same e-mail as Tretch from UCLA/CDU (12:10pm today).

I actually thought it was a rejection letter since they started with "Thank you for applying to ..." :p phew!