California Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got invited to an interview to WesternU!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got USC acceptance today! Go Trojans!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just spoke with Dr. Lowe at Mt. St. Mary's - they've received 36 deposits and will be reviewing applications next week to decide who will be waitlisted and who will be rejected.

Just spoke with Dr. Lowe at Mt. St. Mary's - they've received 36 deposits and will be reviewing applications next week to decide who will be waitlisted and who will be rejected.

I started a thread to see who got into Mt. St. Mary's with me. 100+ views, 0 responses.

I started a thread to see who got into Mt. St. Mary's with me. 100+ views, 0 responses.
There was one other post on here saying the person got accepted, as you saw. There's also a lot of people that lurk and don't post (I was one of those people for over a year) and a bunch that just stop checking the forums once they get their acceptance. 2/36 ain't bad?

CSUN rejection came through just now :(

That's funny, I just read this and checked my email to find an interview invite!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
That's funny, I just read this and checked my email to find an interview invite!

Sorry to pry, but just out of complete curiosity, I know from being a fellow applicant to Nova that you were accepted to Nova as well as Miami... do you think you'll still interview at SMU or are you set on those? I too applied to schools both near to me and across the country, so I'm just thinking through what I'd do in that situation haha.

Sorry to pry, but just out of complete curiosity, I know from being a fellow applicant to Nova that you were accepted to Nova as well as Miami... do you think you'll still interview at SMU or are you set on those? I too applied to schools both near to me and across the country, so I'm just thinking through what I'd do in that situation haha.

I am actually planning to decline my interview for SMU, and I am leaning towards attending UM. My wife and I are having a child in April, and we have inlaws in so. Florida, which will be a huge help for us. I feel like SMU is a bit out of my price range. I also just received an invite for UCSF, which I will definitely be attending. Good luck with everything! Do you live in Cali?

Last edited:
You did?? Ahhh I'm still waiting for a response! Do you know if they sent out all the emails at once? Was this a reach or safety school for you? UCSF is my dream school....
I'm not sure if they sent them out all at once, but I know at least one other person here got invited as well. I don't really know if it's a reach school, definitely not a safety school...I'd say my stats match up pretty well, especially considering my research experience and their focus on research. Hope you get invited as well! Good luck :)

I am actually planning to decline my interview for SMU, and I am leaning towards attending UM. My wife and I are having a child in April, and we have inlaws in so. Florida, which will be a huge help for us. I feel like SMU is a bit out of my price range. I also just received an invite for UCSF, which I will definitely be attending. Good luck with everything! Do you live in Cali?

Thank you!! I do live in California, but have lived all over the US so I am pretty open to most locations. I've loved living in California though! Congrats on both interviews, totally understand your perspective on Samuel Merritt. UCSF is a great program, best of luck with the interview!

Is CSUN telling everybody today if they were accepted? And what are your stats hellohelloduh

Is CSUN telling everybody today if they were accepted? And what are your stats hellohelloduh
Not sure if they told everyone yet. I got an email.

Stats:

University: UCLA
Major: Biology '12
cGPA: 3.54 (PTCAS)
prGPA: 3.59 (PTCAS)
GRE: 165V | 166Q | 5.5 AW
Observation: 200 outpatient orthopedic as a PT aide before 10/01/13; 20 acute care and 14 SNF after 10/01/13 along with continued outpatient ortho
Extras: molecular biology research (6 mos), ecology and evolutionary biology research (2 yrs), cell biology research biotech internship (5 mos, will be published), worked part-time at optometry clinic (2 yrs), director in student government office (2 yrs), business sales development program (6 mos), intramural soccer, running (half-marathons)

Still have to take anatomy; currently taking abnormal psychology and exercise physiology.

Applied: UCSF/SFSU, CSUN, Chapman, UIC, GWU, Touro Manhattan
Interviews: GWU (12/06/13), UCSF/SFSU (02/07/14)
Rejections: n/a
Waitlisted: CSUN (#23)
Acceptances: UIC, GWU, Touro Manhattan

Yea, I just now received the email for waitlist at CSUN #39

Wait listed for MSMC

Sent from my iPad using SDN Mobile

Hey all,

Just joined the forum since admission statuses are nearing in. I just got wait listed at CSUN #38. Boo!

Got accepted into USC today...which is strange because I never submitted my transcripts to them. Haha..

What the??? But you did designate your PTCAS to them, didn't you?
Yeah, I submitted to PTCAS, did my supplemental app and sent them my GRE scores. They wanted me to send in transcripts separately from PTCAS and after I got into other schools I never did it because I didn't want to spend the money lol
I also didn't have a professor LOR

Yeah, I submitted to PTCAS, did my supplemental app and sent them my GRE scores. They wanted me to send in transcripts separately from PTCAS and after I got into other schools I never did it because I didn't want to spend the money lol

I looked at your stats, and I can see why they definitely would accept you. I applied to USC but I highly doubt I'll get accepted. Are you considering entering USC now that you received an acceptance from them?

I looked at your stats, and I can see why they definitely would accept you. I applied to USC but I highly doubt I'll get accepted. Are you considering entering USC now that you received an acceptance from them?
Ugh yes they're expensive but I would love to stay in California, especially southern California...visiting Chicago next weekend so we'll see what happens..

I got my acceptance today from USC. I knew that supplemental app was a joke! I should have done what you did. Haha!

Wow! I didn't think they'd go that far down. But considering over a thousand people applied, maybe they go to 300?

And darn you sabino3 being #7. However, I read in another thread that you chose CSULB. If this is the case, you're a good man. :)

Wow! I didn't think they'd go that far down. But considering over a thousand people applied, maybe they go to 300?

And darn you sabino3 being #7. However, I read in another thread that you chose CSULB. If this is the case, you're a good man. :)
I wonder how many they'll accept off the waitlist. I'm guessing some people will be accepting UCSF over CSUN. Damnit, CSUN was my top choice :(

I wonder how many they'll accept off the waitlist. I'm guessing some people will be accepting UCSF over CSUN. Damnit, CSUN was my top choice :(

I hope people give up their seats! Since you're #23, I think you have a pretty good chance of getting in as there's still a lot of time. And plus, you got acceptances! I'd be happy to just have one lol.

I hope people give up their seats! Since you're #23, I think you have a pretty good chance of getting in as there's still a lot of time. And plus, you got acceptances! I'd be happy to just have one lol.
I hope so, but it seems unlikely because almost everyone would have to decline their seats. Ah well, you're right, can't be greedy!

My application for Western U. has been put on "HOLD". Does anyone know exactly what this means or is this there form of being waitlisted for a interview?

Just got an email from Western U. saying I was placed on "hold." They said that it will remain like this until otherwise notified (which I will be supposedly updated monthly) in regards to whether I will be invited to an interview. Does anyone know what this means? They make it sound like they are still reviewing my application to see if I will be invited to an interview...any insight is much appreciated!
Mines been on hold since October :(

Just got an e-mail from WesternU that my application has been put on hold also. :depressed:

Just got off the "hold" list at Western U. and have been granted an interview!! So if you are still on the "hold" list don't lose hope!!

Reactions: 2 users
I was also taken off the "HOLD" list at Western U and have been granted and INTERVIEW! my stats are actually pretty embarrassing! so STAY ENTHUSIASTIC and OPTIMISTIC. DO NOT LOSE HOPE!

I was also taken off the "HOLD" list at Western U and have been granted and INTERVIEW! my stats are actually pretty embarrassing! so STAY ENTHUSIASTIC and OPTIMISTIC. DO NOT LOSE HOPE!
Did you get an email from them earlier this month regarding the hold on your application or did you just get this email from them this month.

FYI I emailed someone at CSUN and they said that last year they went through 127 people on their waitlist to fill their class.

FYI I emailed someone at CSUN and they said that last year they went through 127 people on their waitlist to fill their class.

Great news! So we both have hope :)

The PT that I work for (that went to CSUN) said one of the seats opened up because one of the accepted students got hit by a car. (funny but very, very unfortunate)

Great news! So we both have hope :)

The PT that I work for (that went to CSUN) said one of the seats opened up because one of the accepted students got hit by a car. (funny but very, very unfortunate)

I fail to see the humor in this incident.

Reactions: 1 users