1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

California ATT

Discussion in 'Pharmacy Licensure and Exams' started by CAapplicant, Jul 22, 2011.

1. CAapplicant

So, I went to school in MA and sent in my application to the CA BOP and had the MA BOP transfer my hours to CA. I thought I would receive my ATT by end of May and be able to take the exam by end of June.
    I received a deficiency letter from the BOP because I had 0 intern hours. They did not provide any explanation as to why they were not accepting the hours from MA BOP. After 2 weeks of trying to figure out for myself why they were rejecting the hours (because for the CA BOP to answer a question is beyond the scope of their practice....), our school found out that you need to submit a form from each site in order for them to accept the hours.
    Since, I had already moved to California thinking that I was all set, I had to email each of my preceptors and wait for them to send in the forms. They finally did so by the end of June (thanks!!!) and now I keep waiting and nothing...
    I send in emails to ask for status and get an answer I do not understand: "Upon review of your file, your application is still deficient in regards to your intern hours. Having already sent in your request, please allow the board more time to process your submission or you may resubmit. Thank you."
    What does that mean??? Am I still deficient?? I don't understand.
    It is now the end of July and still no ATT. At this rate, I won't be able to take the exam until the end of September and won't be licensed until December. And I won't be making the salary of a pharmacist until then. Is that even legal for them to do so???
    Bottom line, did anyone go through this and if so, what advice do you have for me?
    Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. njac

njac Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I feel your pain. I've had my paperwork submitted since mid-April and not a word regarding an ATT.

I just finished residency and have a job waiting for me, and waiting for me, and waiting for me.

4. confettiflyer

confettiflyer Did you just say something?
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    well, this is definitely one way to solve a surplus, sheesh.

But yes the procedure/form changed in ~february of this year, did you use an old registration packet?

those intern forms are probably sitting in an intake box somewhere, do you know what date the last preceptor sent the forms in? the CA BOP standard is to allow a minimum of 60 days before even contacting them about any sort of problem/question. if you email/contact the board, try to cite a date to "show" that you've waited. bleh.

this doesn't help anyone here but most of my friends who graduated in-state are taking their tests between 7/15 and 7/31, i believe those are batch-processed and turnaround is quicker vs. out-of-state folks. just FYI if anyone needs a timeline.

5. Bkobe7

Bkobe7 New Member
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    It took me just under 4 weeks from graduation (the date my school sent intern hours and transcripts to the CA board) to receive my ATT via email. If your last preceptor sent in your hours at the end of June, I'd give it another week and see. If you didn't have your preceptors mail you the completed form for you to send in yourself, I would verify that they completed the form with the correct number of hours and that they have already sent them to the correct address.

As soon as I received my ATT for the NAPLEX, I went onto psiexams.com to register and schedule my CPJE using my SSN. No need to wait until they send you the handbook.

6. njac

njac Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I didn't receive a letter ATT but just tried to log into psiexams.com and apparently can register to take it!

Woo!

7. bleutini

5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    :luck:.

#6 bleutini, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  8. ello13

Pharmacy Student

You are going through the EXACT same situation I am. I sent in my application initially in late April with my school approved 1500 intern hours. I received a letter from the CA board around mid May-early June stating I had 0 intern hours. I tried e-mailing/calling them for answers and all the did were reply with obnoxious useless information and the associate dean from my school was of no use either. I then decided to go to all my rotation sites and get each 17a-29 form filled out, which took me a week of driving around the city I sent that off June 2nd and it was received June 4th according to my delivery confirmation. I waited and waited and finally e-mailed them again in early July asking if they've received my new 17a-29 forms and whether there was any problem with them. They reply with "please refer to this letter" dated may 16th, the one originally saying I had 0 intern hours. I replied I had sent in new affidavits since then with a delivery confirmation of #### and whether they can confirm receipt of the affidavits. They initially respond with JUST "although that letter is from over 6 weeks ago, the status of your application remains the same". I ask one more time for them to maybe verify they received my new affidavits with a USPS delivery confirmation ### and they then shoot back "You may Verify with USPS."

I was pretty much fuming at this point trying to be polite to these people. I send off one more e-mail just pleading for some answers and they finally reply with "Upon review of your file, your application is still deficient in regards to your intern hours (see previous e-mail.) Having already sent in your request, allow the board more time to process your submission or you may resubmit."

I can't stand how they don't sign their e-mails so there remain anonymous, with no accountability. I don't understand how they get off being so rude and inconsiderate to people who just want some answers. It's been 3 months and all they've told me was I have 0 hours after submitting multiple 17a-29 affidavits. They also can't respond with more than a snooty 1 sentence reply either...

9. x3dgame

2+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I can fell your pain, because I am in the same boat. I actually send in my work hours along with my intern hours, and I also ask my state BOP to send in all my intern hours. I waited and waited, and so far no answer. I have been emailing them, calling them, still no answer. When I signed my contract with my employer, they gave me a deadline for when I have to be licensed by. The deadline is approaching, and I still have not received my ATT. I am as frustrated as you are.

10. Muse600

7+ Year Member

yep, I'm from MA too, and nobody (classmates, school registrar, BoP) seems to know the exact situation over at the CA BOP

a couple of my MA friends have gotten their att, and they went to each of the preceptors to get them to fill out the 17a-29 affadavits; but they did that FIRST. They never went through the MA board of pharmacy

my *guess* is that since the CA BOP got your hours through the MA BOP first, they "processed" that first, rejected it, and are still "processing" your 17A-29's. Keep following up, hopefully sending hours from the MA BOP didn't delay you too much

on the plus side: another reason they could be taking forever, is because this is peak time. I'm hoping by the end of August/Septemeber, things will be less busy, and they'll either process your paperwork, or at least get back to you!

where are you in CA? My friend actually showed up to the board in Sacramento...and I'm thinking about doing the 7 hour drive myself to drop it off...want to roll with me? hahaha