Quantcast

California Board requirement for Psychiatry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

schmartdoc

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a U.S. Citizen and Californian currently enrolled in an MBBS program in India. I plan to return to my home state to practice after completing my residency. My question is about the California Board requirement for psychiatry. I was told by a friend, who graduated many years ago, that there is a specific requirement for clinical Psychiatry that must be fulfilled in the medical school curriculum in order for the candidate to be eligible for California License. I was wondering if that requirement is still there, and what specific length of posting is required?
Thanks!

schmartdoc

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
To aProgDirector, thank you for the helpful link. It answered my question: I need 4 weeks.
In my school's MBBS program, we had a 2 week Psychiatry clinical posting during second year, and we will have 2 weeks posted in psychiatry during our internship year (A total of 4 weeks). Would the clinical posting in internship year fit the criterion for requirement?