California courses for licensure

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lotus143

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
can someone direct me to some online resources where I can take those 5 courses that CA requires for licensure? human sexuality, child abuse, spousal abuse, substance abuse, and aging. I am looking for the most affordable online courses that the board will accept. thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

CE4less for all but substance abuse. Substance abuse has to be taken through a "university," which could be an online course offered by Alliant, JFK, or somewhere similar. The substance abuse courses seem to cost about $500. CE4less is ~$80 for the year.

Reactions: 2 users
I wish I’d known about CE4less when I took the online classes for licensure. I went through Zur and they were still relatively cheap, but Zur doesn’t do the substance abuse one either...I went through JFK for chemical dependence course, but it was expensive. Until someone puts up a competing substance abuse course that’s approved by the board somewhere else, you’ll have to cough up the $400-$500 for that class alone.

Members don't see this ad :)
Im in the same position, this info is so helpful...I wasn't sure where to take that substance abuse course...thanks! Also makes me angry that after 5+ years of graduate school they add this extra step. :bullcrap: