California Dental License

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dent33

Reaction score
I have a quick question about California dental license.
Can we get license after doing pediatric dental residency for 2 years and without giving WREB?
Their website mentions about licensing with residency but it only mentions one year of GPR or AEGD. What about specialty residency?

Members don't see this ad.

It’s not worth speculating about something so important. Just contact the board directly and get an answer from them. The way they write it suggests AEGD/GPR but a specialty program is a “residency”.

No, I asked them a couple months ago. Licensure though that avenue is specifically an AEGD of GPR residency only, sad day. I know states like NY say any PGY-1 is fine which would include OS and Peds but if u look at the application, they specifically ask for your GPR or AEGD director’s signature and the have to fill out a form that says you’re competent in x,y,z (general dentistry procedures that you wouldn’t cover in a Peds residency)

Reactions: 1 user
I did a one year GPR and immediately following that a 2 year peds residency.
I graduated my GPR more than 2 years ago. Will I be able to apply for my California license through this route because technically I have completed a GPR and have peds residency certificate within 2 years. Thank you