California Dental Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wildcat03

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am interested in California dental schools and I was wondering if I would have a shot as an out of state applicant. I go to a top 10 school, with about a 3.2 sci/overall GPA and DAT scores all over 20. Is it worth the $ to apply to any of them?

Members don't see this ad.

I am interested in California dental schools and I was wondering if I would have a shot as an out of state applicant. I go to a top 10 school, with about a 3.2 sci/overall GPA and DAT scores all over 20. Is it worth the $ to apply to any of them?

Apply early and you have a decent shot at all of them. Also, three of the 5 dental schools in CA are private and have no preference of where your from. gl.

yep! you should be fine =) :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Just make sure you apply early. Especially for UoP.

UoP/USC I would say you have a very good shot. UCLA/UCSF might be harder out-of-state especially with your GPA. Don't get me wrong, your stats sound about the same as mine, but I'm an in-state applicant and I haven't gotten an interview at UCSF or USC. I don't know anything about LL.

Also, I second the part about submitting your app very early (June). Good luck!

You will definitely do fine with applying to USC's dental program.

I wouldn't apply to the UC dental schools, but who knows...give it a try!!

As for LLU, they highly prefer to give interviews and accept students coming from 7th-day adventist undergraduate institutes. My friend graduated from Stanford with a 3.78 overall GPA, applied to LLU's dental school, and wasn't even offered an interview. Of course there are various other aspects of his application I don't know of. But it's true, from my dad's dentist (an LLU alum), who told me that LLU highly prefers 7th day applicants.