California DPT Schools 2020-2021 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i don’t mind sharing! but honestly i don’t think it had to do with my stats really, since they’re pretty average. after i got on the high tier waitlist, i was pretty persistent in showing them that i really want to attend their program and would choose their school over other ones, so i think that’s what might’ve done it? i’m not too sure though

major: psych from UCI
overall gpa: 3.5
prereq gpa: 3.8
GRE: 151Q/153V/4.5 AW
LORs: 2 PTs and 1 from anatomy prof
hours: ~600 outpatient ~150 inpatient
part of various clubs/nonprofit groups/community service
Hi! Can I ask how you made it so noticeable that you were very interested in their program over others?

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats?
Sure! Hopefully this gives some hope to people, especially since my GRE scores are low 🙃

Undergrad: California State University, Long Beach
Major: Bachelor of Science Kinesiology in Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.85
Pre-Req GPA: 3.9
GRE: V - 146 / Q - 145 / AW - 3.5
Volunteer Hours: 725 (Outpatient Orthopedic)
LOR: 1 PT, 2 Professors (Both from Biology)

Members don't see this ad :)
Isn’t it still early for the waitlist? I’ve heard people getting a call like a week or two before the program starts.
Yes, and I have heard of others at WesternU being accepted a week after classes start, as well as others on similar forums being taken off the waitlist months ago this year. So anything is possible. I have been waitlisted at WesternU since January.

I just heard back yesterday, did not receive a spot
Isn’t it still early for the waitlist? I’ve heard people getting a call like a week or two before the program starts
Yes, and I have heard of others at WesternU being accepted a week after classes start, as well as others on similar forums being taken off the waitlist months ago this year. So anything is possible. I have been waitlisted at WesternU since January
Yes, and I have heard of others at WesternU being accepted a week after classes start, as well as others on similar forums being taken off the waitlist months ago this year. So anything is possible. I have been waitlisted at WesternU since January.
Yea anything is possible! Keep showing interest! Do you know anyone personally that has been accepted in this upcoming cohort?

Isn’t it still early for the waitlist? I’ve heard people getting a call like a week or two before the program starts

Yea anything is possible! Keep showing interest! Do you know anyone personally that has been accepted in this upcoming cohort?
I do not, but I see others on the Western DPT 2024 forum that were accepted.

I got off the waitlist last week, but turned down my seat. Hopefully that helps someone!!
What school did you decide to go with, if you don’t mind me asking? Any particular reason you turned down the seat?

Reactions: 1 user
What school did you decide to go with, if you don’t mind me asking? Any particular reason you turned down the seat?
I committed to Chapman! Overall, Chapman's DPT program was really strong and I've heard amazing things about the program. So I decided to commit to there instead of Western.

Has anyone who’s on the waitlist for Mount St. Mary’s heard anything recently?

Got off the waitlist for University of the Pacific (UOP) today, and decided to declined my spot. I hope this helps someone! 😊

Reactions: 1 user
Hello! Did anyone else get pulled off the waitlist recently or have an update if they’re still taking students off the waitlist

Has anyone here recently applied (since July 1st) to APU for the January 2022 cohort and received an interview invite??