California DPT Schools 2021-2022 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if there is a Facebook group for WesternU?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an email for an interview at western university!

Reactions: 2 users
I just heard I got off the high tier wait list and have been accepted into CSUN! Sooooo relieved!

Reactions: 4 users
Congratulations! Do you think you'll go?
Thanks! Yes, I will definitely go. I talked to a few PTs, and it sounds like it's really a great program, especially for the money. I also live in the Calabasas area, so I was dreading the drive to some of these other schools. It sounds crazy on paper, but I ended up giving up both USC spots and Mount Saint Mary's as well. It just seems like CSUN is the perfect fit. I am so excited!

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks! Yes, I will definitely go. I talked to a few PTs, and it sounds like it's really a great program, especially for the money. I also live in the Calabasas area, so I was dreading the drive to some of these other schools. It sounds crazy on paper, but I ended up giving up both USC spots and Mount Saint Mary's as well. It just seems like CSUN is the perfect fit. I am so excited!
makes sense. CSUN is my top choice for similar reasons!

Hopefully it comes soon! I will likely not pursue western U, so that could help!
I hope I do. Fingers crossed. Idk how their admissions committee process works in choosing who gets interviewed. I meet the minimum cum gpa and have a high pre req gpa.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
When you factor in the cost differences between CSUN and USC and MSMU as well as the convenience, I don't think it sounds crazy at all. Congrats!!! I still get a bit shocked at the cost of USC lol

I am currently trying to choose between csun, msmu, and usc as well! I also live in the same area as you and am having such a hard time making a decision. Maybe we will be in the same cohort at CSUN!

I still have not heard back from any of the schools I've applied to. Has anyone contacted them regarding acceptances?

I am currently trying to choose between csun, msmu, and usc as well! I also live in the same area as you and am having such a hard time making a decision. Maybe we will be in the same cohort at CSUN!
That's so funny! I will DM you. :)

when did you submit? Also where do you plan on attendint?
I submitted September 9th so a while back! I’m not sure, I declined my seat at one school due to finances, and am on the waitlist for my top school but will see! If I get into western, it’ll depend on cost!
I am planning to reapply to state schools only this next round if I don’t go anywhere this year! Hard decision but I’d like to be in the least amount of debt possible 🥲
How about you?

USC and WesternU
It took a while for me to hear back from both and I did reach out to both and they told me to wait basically so I’d give it another few weeks but sending an email won’t hurt!

Reactions: 1 users
I submitted September 9th so a while back! I’m not sure, I declined my seat at one school due to finances, and am on the waitlist for my top school but will see! If I get into western, it’ll depend on cost!
I am planning to reapply to state schools only this next round if I don’t go anywhere this year! Hard decision but I’d like to be in the least amount of debt possible 🥲
How about you?
I think you should accept a seat to Atleast one school Incase you change your mind and decide to attend this upcoming fall. As of now I’ll be attending Samuel Merritt. Waiting on USC and Western. 😬

It took a while for me to hear back from both and I did reach out to both and they told me to wait basically so I’d give it another few weeks but sending an email won’t hurt!
Thank you for the advice!
When did you apply if you don't mind me asking

Do you mind posting your stats?
Yeah I don't mind! I only applied to CSULB and SDSU.

cGPA - 3.96
pGPA - 4.0
GRE - 149V, 156Q, 4.0 W
Observation - 131 Outpatient hours

Acceptance: CSULB
Waitlisted: CSULB
Rejections: SDSU

Reactions: 3 users
How often, if at all, should one reach out to a school for updates on their waitlist position?

i committed to western U is there a facebook page?
anyone else going to western U?

Is anyone committing to St. Augustine- San Marcos, or know if there is a Facebook group for the cohort yet?

Is anyone committing to St. Augustine- San Marcos, or know if there is a Facebook group for the cohort yet?
What cohort r u in? I got into the summer cohort and i havent found any facebook group for this cohort! Im still waiting for chapman in the meantime so im not fully comitting to augustine yet!

i committed to western U is there a facebook page?
anyone else going to western U?
I committed to WesternU! I haven’t seen a facebook page yet - I know they are still doing interviews and sending out decisions so I was waiting a little. I just applied for housing on campus

I committed to WesternU! I haven’t seen a facebook page yet - I know they are still doing interviews and sending out decisions so I was waiting a little. I just applied for housing on campus
Waiting on a FB page as well! Haven’t heard anything

Just canceled my interview with Western U. Hopefully one of you gets one soon!

What other programs did you get accepted to?
I was accepted in to Chapman and West coast. Atm, I am choosing West coast over Chapman due to distance and cost. So even if I was offered a seat at Western U I would deny it for the same reasons. I also on a more superficial level like the look of West coasts facilities over western U, but that was less of a deciding factor.

I am committed to St.Augstine San Marcos and I am starting in the Fall. Haven't seen any cohort FB group yet.

I was accepted in to Chapman and West coast. Atm, I am choosing West coast over Chapman due to distance and cost. So even if I was offered a seat at Western U I would deny it for the same reasons. I also on a more superficial level like the look of West coasts facilities over western U, but that was less of a deciding factor.
We’re you accepted to Chapman for the summer or fall cohort?

Received an acceptance email from CSUN today after originally being waitlisted but will be turning it down since I'm already committed to CSULB!

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone heard anything back from USC?