California Med Schools - 2005 Applicant Zone part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
scrappysurfer said:
There is hope yet. Classes at UCI seem to still have spots.

I finally got my first acceptance today, so the ball is rolling still (at least for MSTP)

Hey scrappy, if you don't mind my asking, when did you interview at UCI? Also, to anyone that might know anything about the alternate list: Is it ranked? Do they accept anyone off of the list before May 15th???

Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

cammy1313 said:
Hey scrappy, if you don't mind my asking, when did you interview at UCI? Also, to anyone that might know anything about the alternate list: Is it ranked? Do they accept anyone off of the list before May 15th???

Thanks!!!

Hi Cammy,

I interviewed on Feb 1st. I'm not sure about the alternate list. Also, this was MSTP, which may have a separate timeline.

Best of luck. Maybe I shall see you there next year.

for those who have interviewed at uci, did you get an email/snail mail noticing you of the school's final decision (acceptance, alternate, rejection)? I found out today that I have been place on hold post interview and I found out only after I called them.

Members don't see this ad :)
i found out thru the application status check that i got waitlisted. i didnt get an email or anything.

sdnstud said:
for those who have interviewed at uci, did you get an email/snail mail noticing you of the school's final decision (acceptance, alternate, rejection)? I found out today that I have been place on hold post interview and I found out only after I called them.

The only notification I received was via the website status check.

I am not sure if this has been answered somewhere else, but does anyone know how full UCLA's class is right now?

calberkeleygrl, I don't think the class is completely full. For comparison, if you do a search at mdapplicants.com, 9 people have been accepted for 2005, while 21 were accepted for 2004. Just a thought.

bobhagopian said:
Yay, I got accepted into Davis a couple days ago. That made me *very* happy. But since it's my first acceptance, I want to make sure I do everything correctly when I accept their offer. Specifically, in their letter of acceptance, they didn't mention anything about a deposit to reserve a place in the incoming class. Don't most medical schools require a deposit?

I don't mean to troll -- just that this is my first acceptance and I want to make sure I don't screw it up! :)

Hi Congrats! I kinda freaked out too since Davis was my first acceptance. It's cool because they do not need a deposit, just that little piece of paper that says "yes I will go here.. unless I change my mind!" kind of paper, aka, the letter of intent. After that they will send you financial aid stuff. Make sure you fill out their additional financial forms. You can call the Financial Aid office and ask if you're missing anything. Also, Terri is really cool about confirming that everything was received. If you're finished with school, you can send you transcripts too. Other than that I don't think anything else is due until the Financial aid packages come in, which won't be for a while.

Hey peeps, just wanted to keep everyone in the loop on Drew/UCLA because I know there's been a lot of questions as to their admissions process. I interviewed back in January and got a call from Dr. Aguilera yesterday morning to inform me of my acceptance. So they are obviously making offers, which I wasn't originally sure of given the small number of slots. I'm just VERY VERY sad that I'll have to turn it down. I just can't get myself to accept Drew over BU given the precarious state of the hospital and it's bad rep. But I so want to stay in CA!!!!! Okay, I best stop before I sound any more whiny...

Hi all,

Miraculously, I got a last-ditch interview at Davis (with 1 week's notice to get plane tickets and scramble for a student host. yikes!). I was curious if anyone knew if interviews this late for the UC's would be for the waitlist? (I'm assuming so.)

Also, there hasn't been too much input on Davis' interview day on the interview feedback - anyone willing to share more information about it? It'd be much appreciated :) Thanks!

nairay said:
Hi all,

Miraculously, I got a last-ditch interview at Davis (with 1 week's notice to get plane tickets and scramble for a student host. yikes!). I was curious if anyone knew if interviews this late for the UC's would be for the waitlist? (I'm assuming so.)

Also, there hasn't been too much input on Davis' interview day on the interview feedback - anyone willing to share more information about it? It'd be much appreciated :) Thanks!

no info on davis for you but i am fairly certain the uc's are still giving out acceptances. a call to the office could clear this up more difinitively, but there are a lot of stories about ucla and ucsd really late interviews and acceptances, so i imagine davis cant be that far off...

nairay said:
Hi all,

Congrats on your interview invitation :D
I interviewed in early January. For me, the day started at the Sacramento campus with a little meeting/breakfast with some directors, then everyone had their first faculty interview. Next we had a tour of the facilities there and then met up to get directions to Davis. After that, everyone drove (if you need a ride you can carpool) to the Davis campus where we had lunch and our student interviews. The student interviewers also showed us the campus, so we walked around and interviewed. After that we had a meeting to answer any other questions and learn more about the expansion of the Sacramento campus (and death of the Davis med school campus). Then we were free to go. Hope that helps and good luck on you interview :)

Status
Not open for further replies.