California Northstate College of Dental Medicine Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
New school!

Good luck everyone!

Link to last years thread: New dental school: California Northstate

Link to interview prep: will be updated soon
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Can anyone comment whether Cali Northstate got its accreditation? I know they didn't last year and were waiting on that but still seemed to admit students in Fall of 2021?

They have not received accreditation yet. They believe they will have full accreditation this Fall and so the class that is currently accepted is being told they will start classes around January 2022 instead of Fall 2021.
Thanks for the info. Are you a part of the accepted class?

Members don't see this ad :)
schools dont receive accreditation until their first class graduates
wait, does that mean if something goes wrong in their program within the first 4 years, students in the program would be screwed and not be eligible to graduate?

I have an interview this Thursday 9/16 at 9am.
can you please fill out this template?
Interview #
School:
Notification date:
Method of notification:
Residency:
AADSAS mail-out date:
Application complete date:
GPA (science, overall):
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):
Dates available:
Method of interview:

Interview #1
School: Cal Northstate
Notification date: 9/9
Method of notification: Email
Residency: California
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/15
Application complete date: 8/1
GPA (science, overall): 2.98, 3.1
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/23/19/21/no
Dates available: week of 9/13
Method of interview: Virtual

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Interview #1
School: Cal Northstate
Notification date: 9/9
Method of notification: Email
Residency: California
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/15
Application complete date: 8/1
GPA (science, overall): 2.98, 3.1
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/23/19/21/no
Dates available: week of 9/13
Method of interview: Virtual
Do you mind sharing your Casper score and when you took it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys think it's too late in the cycle to apply to this school? Seems like it might be possible since it is newer. My GPA is 3.27 and DAT is 23.

anyone get an acceptance?

Haven’t heard anything and I interviewed in mid November

Haven’t heard anything and I interviewed in mid November
same for me but i did see in the bootcamp facebook group that a few people got an acceptance from the school on dec 1st.

Got accepted today at 9:54 am pacific time!!!!

it has and they’re starting in january
i stand corrected about their initial accreditation
my apologies

i see no notice on their website about when they are opening...

they are opening on january 8th i was apart of their class of 2025 but had to drop my seat.
are they starting on jan 8 with the class they accepted last year or this year?
or a combination of the two?

please don’t go to this school.. that’s all i have to say
luckily i was accepted into other schools. this was like the last resort school. Still happy for another acceptance.

luckily i was accepted into other schools. this was like the last resort school. Still happy for another acceptance.
That’s awesome! I am still waiting to hear back. During my interview I was told all interviewees should hear an update on Dec 1. Do you think it’s worthwhile to reach out? (E.g. Letter of Intent)

That’s awesome! I am still waiting to hear back. During my interview I was told all interviewees should hear an update on Dec 1. Do you think it’s worthwhile to reach out? (E.g. Letter of Intent)
It depends on the school. Try to email admissions and ask if its appropriate to send in a letter of intent at this time.

It depends on the school. Try to email admissions and ask if its appropriate to send in a letter of intent at this time.

Sounds like a good plan. Appreciate the advice!

Anyone know when the second wave acceptances are being sent out for this school?

did their class start this month as they were attempting to do?

Turned down my offer a few days ago. Good luck anyone trying to get in.

I had an interview with them in November but my status still shows “invited for interview”! Is anyone experiencing the same thing? I have not heard back from them yet!

I had an interview with them in November but my status still shows “invited for interview”! Is anyone experiencing the same thing? I have not heard back from them yet!
don’t worry I’m in the same boat as you! Interviewed early November and still says “invited for interview” on the portal!

Hello everyone, I am a Pre-December Interviewee but I was wondering how many others are Pre-December Interviewee's? From what I have seen on the other forum from last year, majority of them got accepted around March time but that was the inaugural class so I am not sure if that time frame would apply to us.

Does anyone know if they are still interviewing?
I believe so, some people are receiving "still interested" emails this is possibly because they may be in the process of deciding who else to send potential interview invites too. This is because many students who were offered seats at this time have most likely declined them and those schools are still potentially wanting to interview students and wanting to gauge from applicants if they are still interested in interviewing prior to sending out emails officially.

I believe so, some people are receiving "still interested" emails this is possibly because they may be in the process of deciding who else to send potential interview invites too. This is because many students who were offered seats at this time have most likely declined them and those schools are still potentially wanting to interview students and wanting to gauge from applicants if they are still interested in interviewing prior to sending out emails officially.
I see. But wasnt the "still interested" email automatically sent to everyone that hasnt received an interview offer?

I see. But wasnt the "still interested" email automatically sent to everyone that hasnt received an interview offer?
I am not too sure if that was sent to everyone but I do know that some people after reply that they were still interested they got a email reply back saying that their application is currently being reviewed by the committee. My guess is that they probably had a lot of people decline their offers as a lot of schools have been sending out acceptances, and so with extra seats they are trying to interview people who are still interested in the school only because it would be a waste to do interviews to applicants that have acceptances to other schools and are not interested in CNU.

Did anyone else who interviewed Pre-December hear anything back? Or is there anyone that got acceptance not on decision day?

Good luck to everyone! With UCSF likely closing their dental school over the coming years, CNU CDM will be a critical dental institution for NorCal. I posted this in the Class of 2025 thread but feel like it deserves being posted here as well:

"Lots of misinformation on this thread. The US needs more medical and dental schools and CNU is going to be a strong name in NorCal for decades to come. My sister went to the Caribbean to get her MD and will be a Penn internal med residency grad with offers from Stanford and every other top Healthcare system in the world. I know lots of people in the inaugural CNU CDM class and while there are of course minor issues that pop up (as expected with any new dental school), the school is extremely professional and caring with renowned faculty."

• Haha
  • Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
Good luck to everyone! With UCSF likely closing their dental school over the coming years, CNU CDM will be a critical dental institution for NorCal. I posted this in the Class of 2025 thread but feel like it deserves being posted here as well:

"Lots of misinformation on this thread. The US needs more medical and dental schools and CNU is going to be a strong name in NorCal for decades to come. My sister went to the Caribbean to get her MD and will be a Penn internal med residency grad with offers from Stanford and every other top Healthcare system in the world. I know lots of people in the inaugural CNU CDM class and while there are of course minor issues that pop up (as expected with any new dental school), the school is extremely professional and caring with renowned faculty."
Its the loan situation that makes it not a good idea to go there. Other than that im sure its a fine school just like any other