California Northstate College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmacy2486

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone I talked to a member of the admissions commitee today and she said around June25th is when they will have all of the waitlist numbers assigned. So I would call the school at the end of that week. Hope this helps!!!

Members don't see this ad.

thanks for the info. i will call them at the end of that week.

are they going to contact the students or do the students have to contact them.

Members don't see this ad :)
are they going to contact the students or do the students have to contact them.
I think they will contact us maybe a week after that, but I want to know asap so Im going to call them, but I am not sure if they will meet that deadline because last time I called them they said it would be the first week of June. I am crossing my fingers though. If I am in the top 10 then I just wont submit my pharmcas appplication for next year. So hopefully by that date I do find something out.

Does anyone know when they start accepting applications for the next cycle??

they said they hope to be on pharmcas sometime in july

hmm..i know this school is located in california, which is very close to home.
but there are only private loans, and no government loans offered like other schools since this is an independent school. there is goonna be more interests then..but it seems like u guys are still going to this school huh?
i am still considering.is it worth to go to this school and then graduate with such big debts?

i think they're still reviewing files...they emailed me the other day and said that they still wanted to know if i was going to have pre-reqs done(i haven't even interviewed yet!) i didn't send in one of my recommendations then because i didn't have it and i still have 2 pre-reqs to take. are they still doing interviews? i was not expecting anything except rejection from them. it surprised me today! anybody else hearing anything like this?

yea, they are still interviewing. i didn't even think about CNCP either because i have been waiting and i haven't heard anything from them. THen suddenly, they called me last week that i was invited for an interview in mid june.

Hey everyone I talked to a member of the admissions commitee today and she said around June25th is when they will have all of the waitlist numbers assigned. So I would call the school at the end of that week. Hope this helps!!!

Eck..So nerve wrecking! I would hate for them to tell that I'm like #50 on the waitlist :(

Hey... I was wondering if any of you guys decided to attend CNCP? Could you give a little insight to the schools curriculum? I am deciding to apply to their school, but I am not sure how the school will be as far as initial accreditation. Do you guys think they will be accredited eventually? Also do you guys know anything about their Early Decision Program? Do you know if I have better chance of acceptance if I apply to that program instead of the normal program?

Hey... I was wondering if any of you guys decided to attend CNCP? Could you give a little insight to the schools curriculum? I am deciding to apply to their school, but I am not sure how the school will be as far as initial accreditation. Do you guys think they will be accredited eventually? Also do you guys know anything about their Early Decision Program? Do you know if I have better chance of acceptance if I apply to that program instead of the normal program?

I decided not to attend. The faculty and students were all really nice. The loan situation was difficult. Because they are a stand alone pharmacy school they have to wait until the first class graduates to get any kind of accreditation. So, I think that's another two years? After that getting accredited federal loans won't be a problem, but as of now I think you can only rely on private loans for the school which can get really expensive and you have to start paying them back while you are in school. As far as that other stuff you are interested in, I am sure most of that is covered on their website.