California Northstate College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Just got an interview invite today for April 6, got the confirmation email that my app was received march 2.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an interview invite today for April 6, got the confirmation email that my app was received march 2.

Congrats!! I also just got an interview invite for April 6th!! I submitted my supplemental mid-late Feb..

:D

I was also invited to interview on April 6th. See you all there! Woohoo :D

yeah, they sent me an email confirming they have received my supplemental application on feb 13th and asked me to do an update which i did on the 14th. i also see that under pharmcas, the supplemental materials they have created a profile stating when they received whichever document...don't know if is a good thing. nobody has gotten any interview after feb 24th right?

Damn. I'm in the same boat as you :(

CONGRATS....to those who have received invitation, has anyone else been invited? and is that the last interview session? does it mean i shd give up?

Unfortunately, I think the last one is in April: "There are typically 5 interview sessions offered to qualified candidates during the months of November -April." :(

Congrats everyone :) I also got an invite for April 6 interview! So excited despite the fact that the school isn't accredited yet...

Congrats everyone :) I also got an invite for April 6 interview! So excited despite the fact that the school isn't accredited yet...
Congrats! It is so scary to think that there will be 75 people and they can only seat about 100 total. I cant imagine how many seats are left but there will be a lot of dreaded emails for many of us. :(

Congrats! It is so scary to think that there will be 75 people and they can only seat about 100 total. I cant imagine how many seats are left but there will be a lot of dreaded emails for many of us. :(

Yea i can't imagine being on hold right now... its a slim chance i will even get in since its so late in the game =/

Don't worry about that right now. The speakers (during the interview day) told us that they go pretty deep into the waiting list. When you go there, try your best to relax, and have fun (especially with the TBL exercise.) If you get to be there, it means you're qualified. Now you all you have to do is demonstrate (via interview) that you're fit for their program.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea i can't imagine being on hold right now... its a slim chance i will even get in since its so late in the game =/

well with soo many pple giving up their seats dont be suprised if you get called:xf:

Last edited:
I've been accepted to both CNUCP and MCPHS Worcester and I'm really torn between the two. I'm not someone who does well with summers off. What do people at CNUCP do during the summer off? Nothing? It is easy to find a job?

I've been accepted to both CNUCP and MCPHS Worcester and I'm really torn between the two. I'm not someone who does well with summers off. What do people at CNUCP do during the summer off? Nothing? It is easy to find a job?

lol, i shoot for worcester unless you are a home person :D

does anybody attending have children? i am not from the area and i am looking for affordable childcare....thanks!

Don't worry about that right now. The speakers (during the interview day) told us that they go pretty deep into the waiting list. When you go there, try your best to relax, and have fun (especially with the TBL exercise.) If you get to be there, it means you're qualified. Now you all you have to do is demonstrate (via interview) that you're fit for their program.
Hey I applied to touro but never heard back... Waitlisted got northstate. I was wondering what ur general stats looked like if u dnt mind sharing

they will take 110 as an insurance policy, last year they took 105 and 5 drops.
2014 class drop down to 85 from 102 . That is 700K a year in annual loss so got to makeup somehow.

Last edited:
they will take 110 as an insurance policy, last year they took 105 and 5 drops.
2014 class drop down to 85 from 102 .
Thanks for the reassurance. :)
Do you mind me asking what happened to class of 2014? Was this decrease from drops prior to matriculation or during the p1 year? It seems to be a very hefty drop.

No it is never too late until class start causes one of the student speaker( a black lady) in 2014 class told me she never interview and got a call one month before class start to move from Wahsington DC. That because 2 years ago you must submitted a student picture with the supplement. So they just trying to meet their racial quota.

Thanks for the reassurance. :)
Do you mind me asking what happened to class of 2014? Was this decrease from drops prior to matriculation or during the p1 year? It seems to be a very hefty drop.

I think it has to be TBT, no other school in the country is based solely on this method. Dean mentioned during open house in 2010 that he just finished TBT instructions for 2014 students so it will be fully TBT.
So you can assume the previous class was not fully TBT. So maybe the main reason Dean is leaving.

Got accepted for the April 6th interview as well!! I'm so excited and scared. I'm not quite sure how to prepare for this interview. Any suggestions would help!

Got accepted for the April 6th interview as well!! I'm so excited and scared. I'm not quite sure how to prepare for this interview. Any suggestions would help!

the interview is not that bad.....just be yourself and be confident. the ice-breaker is before the interviews which should make it a little more easier for you to open up, but im sure you will be fine!

Last edited:
Got an interview for April 6th wooohooooo:) any suggestions to a near by hotel?

the interview is actually fun except the fact that your there the whole day...my faculty interview was a professor and it was much better than the student interviews to be honest...the interview is supposed to be like 20 min but we kept talking for a good half hour...they ask weird questions sometimes to make you think on the spot so be prepared for that...i just got waitlisted so im hoping a lot of people drop out =0)

I also received an April 6th interview as well!! I'm so excited and would love to know what questions to expect, on the dreaded day. If anyone could help please let me know, I have looked at the typical questions they provide.

I also received an April 6th interview as well!! I'm so excited and would love to know what questions to expect, on the dreaded day. If anyone could help please let me know, I have looked at the typical questions they provide.

CNCP gives two interviews, one with students and one with faculty. My first one was with two P1 students and the interview was rather awkward and we didnt connect. I think it is like that for everyone though, P1 students just dont know how to interview, hell, I wouldnt either! The students asked questions I would expect from a job interview. Things like tell us what you have done to be a leader, what are your best qualities, what would you in a given situation, use work experience as an example, etc

After that I had my faculty interview and it was really easy going, it was like just having an animated conversation about myself and a bit about the professor too. Here he just asked me to start talking about myself and then he would ask questions on what I elaborated about myself...he also does ask a few hypothetical questions too, one question I remember explicitly was what would i do if my best friend was cheating through all her pharmacy schooling.. so they are definitely looking for you to have integrity, etc.

Hope that helps!

Just wondering is there anyone here who has been accepted and has turned in their enrollment fee/confirmation?

haha i haven't turned in the confirmation/fee.... it's just sooo expensive!

but yeah the interviews are pretty much how ^Byebyebeautyful described. You should have your TBL first and that was pretty fun imo. Then you get split into your groups and some go off to interviews, some have info sessions. the student interviews were pretty nervewracking and I didn't know how much they really weight, and did anyone else finds it weird that it was in a room with another staff person working in the background? my faculty interview went really well and it's really like a conversation. Just try to relax and be yourself. Look at the questions in the forum and they were pretty much the ones that were asked. Good luck!!!

but yeah the interviews are pretty much how ^Byebyebeautyful described. You should have your TBL first and that was pretty fun imo. Then you get split into your groups and some go off to interviews, some have info sessions. the student interviews were pretty nervewracking and I didn't know how much they really weight, and did anyone else finds it weird that it was in a room with another staff person working in the background? my faculty interview went really well and it's really like a conversation. Just try to relax and be yourself. Look at the questions in the forum and they were pretty much the ones that were asked. Good luck!!!

Yea the confirmation fee was painfully expensive. I turned it in. Do you intend to go to CNCP? I havent met anyone yet who intends to.

:idea: OK thanks that's really good info, i have a couple more questions. what is TBL and what was the essay question about. again thank you for posting.:xf:

:idea: OK thanks that's really good info, i have a couple more questions. what is TBL and what was the essay question about. again thank you for posting.:xf:

TBL = team-based learning

The essay question changes from one interview session to the next. As long as you can write and support your thesis, I think you should be fine.

so they should email you a TBL exercise a week prior to your interivew, so i'm assuming you haven't gotten it yet. You should read it over and make sure you understand the content of the exercise.

The essay question is probably different for each interview session, but you just pretty much just have to support what you say and give some details on how you would do it so it's not that bad.

I submitted my supplementals late February and just heard back from them this past Monday for the April 6th interview. Pretty nervous about it, but looking forward to seeing how the interview process goes since this is my first one ever!

thank you everyone for posting, sweetandsimple there is information on the main website about the interview process i think its step 4 on the steps portion. i would love to have a sample writing question to practice if anyone is willing to share.

Thanks Pavel2912, I took a look at all that already. Although it doesn't really give too many details. I think in regards to the sample writing question, they're probably not looking for a super eloquent masterpiece. They just want to make sure that you can make a point and back it up reasonably and coherently. At least that's what I'm telling myself to make myself feel a little bit better. With that said, I wouldn't say no to a sample question either.. :)

Also, it seems here that a few people mentioned there being situational type questions during the interview. I've always found those to be especially difficult. Does anyone have any kind of suggestions in preparing for those types of questions? Thanks!

yes I would like to see a sample question if anyone is willing to post it, i hope to see everyone on the 6th next month.

Hey sweet, I interviewed back in Dec. but my faculty had very few situational questions; it was very relaxed and was more conversational :) He did ask me about the whole "if you caught your friend cheating on a test, what would you do"

Your student panel interview will be heavily situational questions, on the other hand. Its one right after another bouncing back and forth from each student. I don't remember them being hard at all, just answer truthfully. One question that sticks out for me was "aside from academics, what did you learn from your undergraduate career?"

patel, the writing sample is kind of a persuasive essay, in a sense. They gave us an excerpt with a claim. We then were posed with the question "whether this claim was logically sound" and we would either support or pose reasons to go against it.

I'm guessing April 6th is their last interview date? I have not heard anything since applying except for the e-mail stating they received my PharmCAS/supplemental applications.

I'm guessing April 6th is their last interview date? I have not heard anything since applying except for the e-mail stating they received my PharmCAS/supplemental applications.
Unfortunately, April is their last one for this cycle. Wish you the best.

submitted my deposit finally... ouch! Is there a facebook page for c/o 2016 yet? =)