California Northstate Fall 2010 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gamkaung

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi
anyone got an email invite from California Northstate to do their Supplemental Application?
I submitted my PharmCAS in the last week of July. I still haven't gotten an invitation from them to do their supp. application.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I submitted mine in middle week of August, and i too have not received any invitation for a supplemental application. I do meet/exceed the minimum requirements set by CNCP.

I emailed and called them but they dont answer.

i submitted my pharmcas in the 1st week of august, but i haven't received any invitation for supplemental app either.
anyone got invitation yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I called the office last week, and they said they are still working on the supplemental and finalizing little details. As soon as they finish it, they'll start sending it out to people. So don't worry if you haven't heard from them yet.

I called the office last week, and they said they are still working on the supplemental and finalizing little details. As soon as they finish it, they'll start sending it out to people. So don't worry if you haven't heard from them yet.
thank you

I got an email from them requesting me to do the supplemental application. Due on Oct 2nd! I thought it was due on Jan 2010?

But they don't give me the link to the supplemental application.
Anybody knows the link?
I went to their website, but I couldn't find the supp. application.

Just got another email from Gail with the supplemental application attached to it. They probably forgot to attach it. Mine's also due Oct 2nd. The essay portion looks pretty short, so maybe that's why they are giving us less time to work on it.

for those that got invited to do a suppl, when did you guys submit your pharmcas?

I got an email from them requesting me to do the supplemental application. Due on Oct 2nd! I thought it was due on Jan 2010?

But they don't give me the link to the supplemental application.
Anybody knows the link?
I went to their website, but I couldn't find the supp. application.

Same here, I tried opening their attachment and it wouldn't work and can't find the supplemental application anywhere.

Oh and I submitted my pharmcas early july

I submitted my PharmCAS on July 30

Last edited:
in the supplemental app, the pre-requisite coursework. I don't have enough space to type in course tile, what should i do? can i do hand-writing it?

i submitted mine 6/27, and just got my supp. i think they just started giving them out, dont worry.......does anyone have an update on their accreditation?

Members don't see this ad :)
in the supplemental app, the pre-requisite coursework. I don't have enough space to type in course tile, what should i do? can i do hand-writing it?

i would abbreviate as much possible, dont handwrite things in because they get angry if they cant read ur writing and its usually not that great to do....if its general biology for example just put in gen. bio.

Where does it talk about the deadline? I just received an email with the supplemental application attached.

Hi guys,
I'm just wondering if the deadline to submit CNCP 2nd application is the date that our application must be physically in their office, or the date postmarked by the post office? Any comment is appreciated. Good luck to you guys!
that's my question too. I guess postmarked by Oct 2nd is fine...but I am not sure!

Any body call or email the admission about this question? thanks

I submitted my application on July 31 and haven't heard anything. I guess I'm not invited to do a supplemental application

I submitted my app on August 1, and haven't heard either. I wouldn't read too much into it tho -- they have a lot of apps to go through.

I submitted my app on August 1, and haven't heard either. I wouldn't read too much into it tho -- they have a lot of apps to go through.

Hey guys,

Does anyone know if we are limited to the space provided on the supplemental apps. Or can we attach another sheet of paper for the answers to their questions. Thanks for any response in advance.

Since they didn't specify that you are allowed to attach a piece of paper, I'm assuming that you should stay within the space they provided just to be safe. Being concise is always good. I know there's not that much space to write in, but you kinda have to make do with what you're given.

who knows northstates accreditation history

Last edited:
who knows northstates accreditation history
according to their website, they were given pre-candidate status in June 2008. they remain in pre-candidate status and hope to advance to candidate status in 2010.

Are people out there still waiting for a supplemental invitation? I submitted PharmCAS on August 9 and have yet to hear back from them..

i submitted for early admission just a few days prior to the last day for it. i have not heard from them since. a few ppl i know who have received their supplemental and interview dates.
im gonna assume that im probably going to get declined since my stats arent so hot. im going to cal state long beach. my science gpa is only 2.8 and overall 3.0 =\.

some ppl got their interview dates already?

i submitted my supplemental application on september 21, and i haven't heard anything from them yet except an email confirmation.

i submitted my supplemental application on september 21, and i haven't heard anything from them yet except an email confirmation.

Same here...I know they cashed my check though.

i know people who have confirmed interviews next thursday morning

i haven't even received a supplemental yet :scared:

when did you guys submit your pharmcas* applications? just so i know whether to remain optimistic or start looking elsewhere.

Last edited:

when did you guys submit your pharmcas* applications? just so i know whether to remain optimistic or start looking elsewhere.
some folks already get invited to interviews?

Pharmcas was mailed out 8/31 and supplemental application was received 9/16

So I e-mailed the Admissions because I was curious as to why I haven't received any notice yet and was told that I will be receiving a supplemental. They were trying to focus on the Early Decision Applicant Interviews on Oct. 9, so that explains why there has been somewhat of a delay, but said would be sending out more supplemental invitations soon..

Yeah, I sent my PharmCAS in late July and haven't heard back yet either. Fingers crossed that they are still looking into my application.

I have my interview on October 9th ... anyone else in the same boat as me?

So I e-mailed the Admissions because I was curious as to why I haven't received any notice yet and was told that I will be receiving a supplemental. They were trying to focus on the Early Decision Applicant Interviews on Oct. 9, so that explains why there has been somewhat of a delay, but said would be sending out more supplemental invitations soon..
when was the deadline for Early Decision Applicant?

I mailed out my supplement yesterday. My deadline is Oct 8th. I am wondering if they send invitation to everyone. I am taking Ochem 1, Micro, Gen. Bio now, and will take Ochem 2, P & A, gen bio 2 next spring. I am straight A, but I am old, from another professional background. I got rejected by Tuoro directly. I actually planned to apply the next year, but I think I can complete all the courses before 2010 school year, so why not try? At least I got everything done, I can re-apply earlier the next year.

I got my supplemental a week before October and it was due on Oct 2nd. I mailed my supplemental on Thursday (next day delivery $20) and i received confirmation that they received it on Monday.

September 2, 2009 Early Decision deadline

September 2, 2009 Early Decision deadline
Hope to see u there Khalidjohn, I am a P1 at CNCP. Those who are worryng abt accreditation, don't. WASC is coming next week to evaluate our standards and we are preparing well enough to get qualified. Mostly by the time u guys will start the school, hopefully we will ahve candidate status posted.

Hope to see u there Khalidjohn, I am a P1 at CNCP. Those who are worryng abt accreditation, don't. WASC is coming next week to evaluate our standards and we are preparing well enough to get qualified. Mostly by the time u guys will start the school, hopefully we will ahve candidate status posted.

Hey Prayosha,

I am more worried about the federal loans than the accreditation. I am sure you guys will get candidate status, but until then, are the feds offering your students loans yet? From the last I heard, the students has to go through private loans. is that true? Thanks in advance for any input.

Does anyone know when the next round of interviews are for early decision? They recieved my supplemental app and now i wonder if i will get an interview call with my stats.

Early Decision Applicant
Overall GPA - 3.03
Science/ Pre-requisite GPA - 2.95
Pharmacy Experience - None except i interviewed a local pharmacist.
Extra-Cirricular Activities
- Student researcher/co-investigator in a research project. Hoping to co-publish my research findings mid-late next year.

I mailed out my supplement yesterday. My deadline is Oct 8th. I am wondering if they send invitation to everyone. I am taking Ochem 1, Micro, Gen. Bio now, and will take Ochem 2, P & A, gen bio 2 next spring. I am straight A, but I am old, from another professional background. I got rejected by Tuoro directly. I actually planned to apply the next year, but I think I can complete all the courses before 2010 school year, so why not try? At least I got everything done, I can re-apply earlier the next year.

No, they don't send out supplemental applications to everyone. They screen the applications first and then send them out to select applicants.

I got a call from northsate to invite me to interview on Oct 30th. She said they will have two sessions: one is 8am - 1pm, the other is 10:30 to 3. I chose the 8 to 1

ok, my status:
I am not ready to apply for schools this year, so I only applied for UOP, Tuoro and northstate just for preparing for the next year. I live in Sacramento.

GPA: 4.0
current class: org. chem 1, microbiology, general biology (I am sure I can get all As)
planned class: org. chem 2, A & P, animal biology
pharmacy exp: 4 hours a week since 2009 Jan.
work experience: I am still working full time in my architectural job. hate it. That's why I want to get into a school ASAP, no matter which school.
Others: Bachelor and Master degrees in Architecture

I think I will be put on waiting list, if not denied, after the interview until they see my Fall grades.

My interview is also on Oct 30th. I chose 10:30 to 3pm. Hope to see some of you there.

Got an interview on Oct 30th, but I got 2 midterms that date I am gonna have to check see if they can let me postpone it.

My interview is on Oct 30th as well @ 10:30 am.