California Pharmacist Intern License question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drugdealer69

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I recently just got accepted to a pharm school in CA and I'm planning to go there. How soon can I apply for a pharmacist intern license and start working?

Members don't see this ad.

I recently just got accepted to a pharm school in CA and I'm planning to go there. How soon can I apply for a pharmacist intern license and start working?

Word of advice lose that username. If you wanna be a drug dealer don't go to pharmacy school. Save your tuition deposit and use it to buy what I assume you would call your 'start-up inventory.'

The attitude and shenanigans of "Legal Drug Dealer," "Pharmacists Rx Rated," and "Pharmacists Do It Over-the-Counter" are repulsive and just soooo predictably Pre-Pharm. Here's a good test... if it's that funny of a pharmacy joke that it could go on a club T-shirt just keep it to yourself if you wanna be taken seriously in Pharmacy School and out on rotations.

P.S. It looks like students must apply for a license during the fall quarter of the first year and must hold a valid intern license in order to continue in the second professional year. Here's the link to the paper application... http://www.pharmacy.ca.gov/forms/intern_app_pkt.pdf. Your school will need to fill out the Affidavit on Page 4. You need to be live scan fingerprinted and give a passport photo too. Cali students chime in please.

There's a lot of paperwork and it takes a long time for the board to process everything. It could take much quicker but you probably couldn't work until January. Some classmates who were technicians before pharmacy school kept working at their old jobs using their technician license but it wouldn't be worth it to get a technician license for a few months because it would probably be hard to line up something that early on anyway. There's not much you can do now, so I would just wait until you get to school and they will help you with the process. Or you could start do some of the steps a month in advance if you really wanted to. Anyway, patience grasshopper.