California Pharmacy Intern Hours Affidavit 17A-77

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vinny808

ACCEPTED!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Link of the form: http://www.pharmacy.ca.gov/forms/intern_hours_affidavit.pdf
California requirements are so confusing!

Anyways, CA recently updated their requirements and you now need 900 hours working in a pharmacy. (e.g. community/hospital rotation counts) your cardiology rotation does not count.

Do I complete this form for each employer that I had? For example: say I worked for retail pharmacy A in state A and also volunteered at retail pharmacy B in state B (not a rotation). Do I complete 2 forms?

Then, under the first line, is do I put the total number of hours I worked under a pharmacy? (E.g. 950 hours) ..or just the amount of hours at that location (e.g. 100 hours)

A total of 1,500 intern hours is required but does not have to be obtained in one pharmacy location. Please
indicate below the number of hours the intern pharmacist obtained while under your supervision.
___________ Number of hours of pharmacy practice experience obtained in a pharmacy.
___________ Number of hours of pharmacy practice experience substantially related to the practice of
Pharmacy. NOTE: A maximum of 600 hours may be granted at the discretion of the board.

Members don't see this ad.

When I did mine last year, I had each site/preceptor fill it out as well as my place of employment. The total # of hours were for each site/ rotation. Then I had the board of pharmacy from each state fill out the verification of license in another state form. My primary state couldn't fill out that form until my school sent in the rotation hours to the BOPs.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you think email/scan would be appropriate? My sites are all over the place and it would take me days to coordinate all of my preceptor's schedules and retrieve everyone's signature. Or maybe I should ask each preceptor to mail me a physical copy.

Last edited:
They only accept hard copies. Do it right or they will mail you with a deficiency letter which will delay your process even longer

Reactions: 1 user