california pharmacy school-what are my chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

howyoudoin450

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I recently graduated as a psychology major and am planning on applying to pharmacy school this year. My concern is that back when I was an undergrad, I was not always a full-time student. Do you think this will put me at a disadvantage? Also, below are my prerequisite grades. What are my chances of getting into a pharmacy school in California (namely, Western, USC or Loma Linda)

Gen. Chem I: A
Gen. Chem II: A
Ochem I: B
Ochem II: B
Calculus I: C
Calculus II: B
General Bio I: A
General Bio II (in progress)
Molecular Bio: B
Anatomy: A
Physiology: A
Communications: A
Econ (in progress)
Physics: In progress

Members don't see this ad.

How did you get a lower grade in calc I vs. calc II? Not trolling, I'm just curious.

Members don't see this ad :)
PT vs. FT status shouldn't matter. You have the grades to get into school...you'll look like every other applicant, which means you better have good LOR's and a personal statement...AND not have the personality of a rock on the interview.

Pretty sure you'd get into Western, though. Consider applying to UCSD and UCSF given your grades.

How did you get a lower grade in calc I vs. calc II? Not trolling, I'm just curious.

I took calc 1 with a really bad teacher. I took it back in freshman year. Believe it or not, I didn't know about the concept of "dropping" a class back then. I did better in calc 2 because I took it way later when my professional goals were more set in stone.

That's good, definitely shows some aptitude. Reminds me of a time when a pre-pharmacy advisor told me not to bother applying to pharm school bc of my B+ in gen chem, because I'd struggle too much with physics and orgo. Got As in them, got LORs from them, got in there...told them I'd be going to their closest competitor's school instead haha.